PDA

View Full Version : Stains on baby clothes

sillylily
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I packed away my son's baby clothes when he turned one. Now, a year later, when I pulled them out, I noticed that many of them have yellow-ish stains on them that weren't there before. Is there any way to get these out? And what could cause this?

bostonsmama
01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I would try some oxyclean..but I never have good luck with getting set in stains out :( Could they have been lighter stains that darkened? I really have no idea. Maybe they could just be "at home" clothes, we have lots of those :giggle

FaithfilledGranolaChick
01-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I had the same problem and I'm not really sure what caused it. We have high humidity here, so I thought naybe that could be why... but anyway, oxiclean free and clear took all the stains out. I just soak the clothes overnight in it :)

mommylove
01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Stains appear after being stored? :jawdrop Good to know. That'll be my excuse. I know I packed away stained clothes so when I have to break them out for Baby #2, I'll be prepared with that explanation. :giggle

pastelsummer
01-01-2009, 01:17 PM
:think I have no idea! But I would try oxiclean!

rubicube
01-02-2009, 07:15 AM
This happened to me too! I think they were lighter stains that just really darkened. I was shocked when I took the clothes out.

NayneeNoo
01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I was just coming on here to ask this same question!!! Only mine have been in storage for at least 2 years or more. LOL. Well stink if somebody else didn't have luck in it, there's no way I will! I'm definitely no laundry guru. I know the clothes didn't have any stains when I stored them.

Elora
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I dunno, but I'm glad that other people had that problem. I recently went through all my ds baby clothes and thought "wow I didn't realize these were even stained when I packed them away...I must have been more out of it than I thought"

pastelsummer
01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I got to thinking it could be that moisture got in and they are water spots!

Laurlor
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I had this happen too, and my MIL soaked everything for me in a mixture of oxiclean, Biz, and laundry detergent and they came out great!

TuneMyHeart
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Same thing happened to me too. It seems to be common, but I don't know why. Oxyclean got rid of most of the stains. :)