PDA

View Full Version : we got a pasta maker

Grover
12-31-2008, 09:59 AM
The novelty will probably wear off but my Boys had a wonderful time making their own pasta noodles.I love it -It was a christmas present from my dad :heart

ChristmasGirl
12-31-2008, 01:36 PM
oh that does sound wonderful. I'll bet they will have good memories of that when they're older :hug

pastelsummer
12-31-2008, 04:17 PM
:heart I want one of those!

amstermarie
12-31-2008, 04:19 PM
cool.....
can u make pasta out of coconut flour?

Soaring Eagle
01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
What brand/kind is it? I was looking into it just for fun.

rootsong
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Yay! I got a pasta maker for Christmas, too! :woohoo I am impressed with you & your boys, I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet! :giggle But I can't wait to start using it. Pasta is one of the very few remaining processed foods I still buy.

mummy2boys
01-02-2009, 02:53 AM
:rockon I would love to learn to make pasta

knitlove
01-02-2009, 05:22 AM
I love my pasta machine. Making pasta is one of the rare zone out and relax cooking things. My paren't had one that they used once. I use my lots, I try not to buy pasta!

You do know that you can refrigerate or freeze the pasta so you can make a bunch and then use it for a few meals.

Grover
01-02-2009, 05:30 AM
I love my pasta machine. Making pasta is one of the rare zone out and relax cooking things. My paren't had one that they used once. I use my lots, I try not to buy pasta!

You do know that you can refrigerate or freeze the pasta so you can make a bunch and then use it for a few meals.

Do you freeze it cooked or raw?That is great I hadnt thought about freezing it

Grover
01-02-2009, 05:32 AM
cool.....
can u make pasta out of coconut flour?

I just use plain flour so I dont know-I guess so but :shrug

knitlove
01-02-2009, 05:34 AM

I freeze it raw, I will let it dry a little bit so it won't be one mass and then I put it in ziplock bags in the freezer. I started doing that when I looked at the 'fresh' pasta in the freezer section of my Whole Foods.

Grover
01-02-2009, 05:38 AM
What brand/kind is it? I was looking into it just for fun.

This one
http://www.shop-com.co.uk/ type in Deluxe_Pasta_Machine

Grover
01-02-2009, 05:43 AM

I freeze it raw, I will let it dry a little bit so it won't be one mass and then I put it in ziplock bags in the freezer. I started doing that when I looked at the 'fresh' pasta in the freezer section of my Whole Foods.

Brilliant Thans for that.I can make up batches and store till we need them :rockon

knitlove
01-02-2009, 05:48 AM

Brilliant Thans for that.I can make up batches and store till we need them :rockon

Once it has been frozen it is not quite as good as fresh but it still taste better than dried from the store.