PDA

View Full Version : Help me decorate my beige bathroom

JoyGal
12-30-2008, 12:46 PM
One of my bathrooms is completely beige with cherry woodwork. When I say completely beige, I mean the floors are light beige tiles, walls are beige tiles, and sinks, tubs etc. are more of a beigy-tan. We have a large frosted window in there that is opened frequently, so putting things on that shelf doesn't really work. The different colors of towels are just not enough to add some color in there. I would love to figure out something to pretty up the walls. I love greens and purples. Any ideas?

What type of plants do well in non-direct light and high humidity?

Is there anything I could somehow hang or stick on the walls that would be pretty but not too dust collecty?

TIA

charla
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
What about one large lovely framed piece of artwork that uses the colors you enjoy? It wouldn't be too hard to dust and then all of your accent pieces in the bathroom could be based on one of the colors in the art - towels, soap dish, candle, rugs, etc.

TraceMama
12-31-2008, 04:46 AM
If you love green, then it's possible to paint the walls above the tiles a nice sage green. It would coordinate well with the beige and wouldn't clash with the cherry.

Of course, once you commit to another color, accessorizing might become more difficult. :think