PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Home Blessing Challenge - Dec 30th

KatieMae
12-30-2008, 06:11 AM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts

CHALLENGE: BATHROOM TIDY
Besides the usual cleaning, make sure you change the towels & maybe wash the bathmats, if you use them.
Half bath: 100 pts
Full bath: 150pts, or 200 if pregnant

BONUS: TIME TO THINK - 500pts!
I know I don't get enough time to listen to my own thoughts, especially at this time of year, but I'm making it worth points so we'll all do it :kiss Consider your home situation - How have you done in your role as a homemaker this year? [I use that term with pride, btw :yes] The negative things are probably easier to think of - our weaknesses, the times when things may have been embarrassing when company came over - but be sure you think of the good things too! If you're into the New Year's Resolutions thing, remember that your living environment can help lift your spirits - or not - and so you can gain encouragement for your other endeavors by living in a clean, tidy home.

Tomorrow we'll be working on writing our own homekeeping routines, so think of what your goals are for your home in the coming year.

Grover
12-30-2008, 06:31 AM
DAILY'S:

Besides the usual cleaning, make sure you change the towels & maybe wash the bathmats, if you use them.

I know I don't get enough time to listen to my own thoughts, especially at this time of year, but I'm making it worth points so we'll all do it :kiss Consider your home situation - How have you done in your role as a homemaker this year? [I use that term with pride, btw :yes] The negative things are probably easier to think of - our weaknesses, the times when things may have been embarrassing when company came over - but be sure you think of the good things too! If you're into the New Year's Resolutions thing, remember that your living environment can help lift your spirits - or not - and so you can gain encouragement for your other endeavors by living in a clean, tidy home.

Tomorrow we'll be working on writing our own homekeeping routines, so think of what your goals are for your home in the coming year.

Writing our own? :nails :nails

KatieMae
12-30-2008, 06:39 AM
:hug2 We'll do it together. Don't be scared ;)

monkeylicious
12-30-2008, 07:13 AM
DAILY'S:

arelyn
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
DAILY'S:

klpmommy
12-30-2008, 08:15 AM
:heart

charla
12-30-2008, 08:36 AM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load x 7 = 140pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) x 2 = 30pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) x 1 = 15pts

:raise I resolve to continue with the new habits that I formed these last two months and to follow my new housekeeping routine rather than participate in a cleaning frenzy when company is coming. I also resolve to modify my housekeeping routine until it best reflects my family's needs.

FINAL TOTAL - 1105pts

joystrength
12-30-2008, 08:59 AM
DAILY'S:

kwisie
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 6 pts

I started out this year in a really, really bad place wrt homekeeping. This place was horrid. But the messies challenge, a smattering of other challenges through the year, and the hhbc have made HUGE improvements in how this place looks, and in all of our attitudes about keeping the home. I actually can tell now if I forget to clean the bathrooms one week, whereas before, well, I won't say how long I could go between bathroom cleanings and not think they were bad at all :blush . My goal this year is to continue what we've learned this past year and keep my house maintained. I can now feel pride at how my house looks, even if it's still a work in progress, because it's soooooo much better than it was before. I found a pic of one of the bad areas, and whoa, I can't believe that's how bad the house looked. But that area is now very easily tidied and maintained. :rockon

Total - 546 pts

monkeylicious
12-31-2008, 05:29 AM
katie and/or HHBC participants

are we continuing into the new year? if so, are we re-naming? and maybe we can come up with a list of "host" volunteers?

i would be willing to take a month - if everyone agrees to be patient with me :shifty

kwisie
01-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Updated