PDA

View Full Version : What would you buy from Bed Bath and Beyond?

mamahammer
12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Okay, I have a $50 GC to Bed Bath and Beyond and I'm trying to figure out what I want!

What would you buy? :smile

Psyche
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Yankee Candles
or
A cast iron whatever I could afford
or
Stoneware pie plate
or
a nice-ish set of cutting knives
and a new cutting board
or
a lamp for our bedroom (too dark)
or
the highest thread count sheets I could buy

Lily
12-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Magnetic spice holders

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=116971&RN=207

I have a dozen and could use another dozen. I absolutely love them!

cindergretta
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I was sooo disappointed to get a $50 BB&B gc from mil. She got me a $100 one a couple of years ago and it took me a year to use it up. I just don't need anything from there and don't enjoy going on a shopping spree there. :shifty :bag Dh traded me for his $50 Target gc. :giggle I was going to use it to buy glasses b/c I want all the plastic OUT! He vetoed me and made the trade! :giggle

If he hadn't traded me, I would have bought glasses and glass food containers to replace plastic ones. :)

AmyDoll
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
A shoe wheel http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/6318614555250P.JPG
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14555250

Here's my tip: If you go in to BBB with your 20% off coupon they can use it on an online purchase & if you balk at shipping they give you free shipping too! :tu

mamahammer
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I was thinking about a set of Pyrex food storage containers. But I'm wondering if that's a good idea considering all of the little people...

There's also a Bento lunch thing I was eyeing because I take my lunch with me to the office a couple of days/wk.

cindergretta
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
We have a bunch pf Pyrex. No problem with the little people. Me, OTOH,.... :shifty :bag :blush (But so far I haven't broken any of it! :phew )

cheri
12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I can think of all sorts of things I could buy: new fluffy bath towels, dish towels, cloth napkins, glass storage containers, a new trash can, new pillows, or maybe some new knives.

If you can't think of anything, there's always gifts for other people. I got a large gift card to Dillards a couple of years ago and used almost all of it on gifts for other people.

rebecuna
12-29-2008, 02:12 AM
pyrex is pretty unbreakable (despite the tile floors throughout our house- I cannot tell you how many glass dishes we have broken since we moved here-- 2 in the last 24 hours!!! :banghead) and so nice! freezer to oven... yay!

also, in case you don't know, BBB will honor competitor coupons and any expired coupons, too. so if you're buying 4 things you can use 4 20% off coupons, even if they're like a year old! if you don't save them, ask your friends-- i know i usually kept a stack in my glove compartment just in case. i hate to buy anything there full price!