PDA

View Full Version : Seriously... we're adults!

Abibigail
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
One of my brothers created a group for our family on Facebook where we can share pics of the kids, coordinate get-togethers, etc. Well, I posted a pic of DD1 standing on a chair "helping me" give DD2 a bath in the kitchen sink. You could see a few (seriously, it's like, three) glasses that didn't make it into the dishwasher next to the sink, but I figured that just shows that it's a kitchen sink...
Let me share that I am super sensitive about my messiness. I never learned to keep house, and I woh f/t, so this is a real area that I need to work on and improve, and it bothers me when people joke about it. A lot.
One of my brothers comments on the picture, "Hey, maybe when you're done cleaning the new baby, you'll get around to cleaning your dishes... haha jk" Another brother says, "HAHAHA!"

Awesome, y'all. Real cute. And here's the thing. I can't say anything about it b/c it was a joke, and I'm being "oversensitive."

:sigh I knew GCMers would understand.

Cookie Momster
12-27-2008, 10:37 AM
:hug2

Emerald Orchid
12-27-2008, 10:45 AM
:hugheart

I don't know if you're the type to do this (I am :O ) but you could post your own comment like "I was waiting for you guys to come over and help... oh wait, guys don't do dishes!" or "Once you guys have worked f/t, taken care of the kids, fed everyone, etc. then you can joke about my 3 glasses still left over." Or you could just play it nice and send them a private message saying these type of comments hurt you. :hugheart

Marielle
12-28-2008, 10:06 PM
"Thanks for volunteering! You can come over on Saturday to clean. " :shifty

Aisling
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
:sigh :hugheart I hate those kinds of comments, too. That was incredibly insensitive! :hugheart

pastelsummer
12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
:hugheart :hugheart

lmgeenw
12-28-2008, 10:51 PM

klpmommy
12-29-2008, 05:42 AM
:hugheart that would hurt me, too. I like Marielle's response.

AmyDoll
12-29-2008, 06:21 AM

MarynMunchkins
12-29-2008, 07:55 AM