PDA

View Full Version : I am proud of myself!

CapeTownMommy
12-27-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm not much of a homemaker. Besides the fact that I work full time and have hired help to clean the house, I just don't get around to much of the homekeeping that many mommas around here do. (Homemade soap, anyone?) Anyway, I really want to get more into producing homemade things for my family to use, it saves time and really gives me such a sense of accomplishment.

My dh bought me Nigella Lawson's "How to be a domestic goddess" for Christmas, which is just inspiring me more!

Anyway, in the last 2 days (since yesterday morning), I have:

* Baked fresh scones for breakfast
* Done laundry (although that was a bit of a disaster :blush but it's clean now)
* Baked a chocolate cake - from scratch, not from a box
* Totally cleaned the kitchen, it was such chaos from the Christmas preparation and baking

And right now, in the oven, I have a batch of homemade rusks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusk for those who don't know what it is) as well as a batch of granola. :yum

I feel so good about myself!

Blue Savannah
12-27-2008, 06:50 AM
:rockon Good for you!! :heart :heart :heart

(I might have to go look for that book. . . it sounds great!)

CapeTownMommy
12-27-2008, 06:52 AM
It really is phenomenal. Although I don't recommend it if losing weight is a new year's resolution, just looking at the pictures probably made me gain a few pounds. :shifty

FaroeIslandBabes
12-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Good for you! :hug Im at home full time and I barely get anything done... :giggle Scones sound delicious! :P~