PDA

View Full Version : I need some cake ideas.

Naomi
12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
We make a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas afternoon. I'm out of ideas. In recent years, we have made an oreo cake, and fruit layer cake. Any other ideas for a round layer cake, with some kind of layer in the middle? :think

NovelMama
12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
What a cute tradition! Does the cake or filling need to have any significance? If not, then how about a marble cake with strawberry filling? No particular reason, just thought it sounded interesting. I've never had it, but I don't know why it wouldn't taste good! :)

pastelsummer
12-23-2008, 10:35 AM
how about a simple yellow cake with lemon or vanilla pudding in it?

Emerald Orchid
12-23-2008, 10:43 AM
A simplified Black forest cake?

You would need a chocolate cake, sliced in the middle, cherry pie filling, whipped cream and chocolate shaving. :yum

Lily
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM

You would need a chocolate cake, sliced in the middle, cherry pie filling, whipped cream and chocolate shaving. :yum

That sounds really yummy! My go to cake is strawberry jello cake.

Lily2584
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM

That was my thought too :yes I :heart black forest cake :yum

Cookie Momster
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
We do that too and sing happy birthday to Jesus. I usually just use a cheap boxed cake though. Yours sound much more yummy!

Naomi
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks girls. The black forest cake sounds like it might work, except I'm not a big fan of cherries. Could I use strawberry pie filling instead for the middle layer? I would want to use cool whip instead of frosting on it? :think

Lily
12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Strawberries should work out - I haven't tried but I don't see why not.