PDA

View Full Version : what can I use to "frost" blueberry muffins?

NovelMama
12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
I told AJ I would make her a cupcake cake for her b-day. We found a flower design she likes, but then she said she wants blueberry muffins and not cupcakes. I'm going to make some of each since I know not everyone is a blueberry muffin fan, but I don't know what to use as frosting that I can color. Using regular frosting seems too sweet for a muffin. Suggestions?

Ali
12-18-2008, 02:13 PM
You could make a cream cheese frosting. If you make it homemade then you can decide how sweet you want it. That just sounded good to me because I love cream cheese on blueberry bagels!

Proverbs31
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
You could puree some thawed blueberries, add to either cream cheese :yum or melted butter, and beat in enough powdered sugar to get it thick enough. Then the color is already done too (from the blueberries).

Herbwifemama
12-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I would use a lemon glaze, Ooooooummmm. *wipes drool off chin*

I guess you could color that, but a white glaze would be so pretty, I think. Oh! But sprinkles would be awesome! :) :rockon

tinybutterfly
12-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Just plain ol' softened cream cheese sounds yummy to me! You could sprinkle more blueberries on top, cuz you can never have too many blueberries in a blueberry muffin! :P~

ReedleBeetle
12-30-2008, 07:06 PM
A vanillla cream frosting sounds good to me! Not real sweet, but making it taste like blueberries and cream....YUM!

Mert
01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I mix powdered sugar and lemon juice to drizzle on carrot bread and carrot muffins. Maybe if you added some cream cheese it would have a more frosting sort of texture. :think ~HTH