PDA

View Full Version : can you freeze chocolate chip cookies?

herbalwriter
12-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Has anyone frozen homemade chocolate chip cookies? I know the dough can be frozen but I want to know if the quality of the cookie will suffer if I bake it first, then freeze it. ANyone know?

tigerlily
12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I've done it with before and they turn out fine. If you want them to be soft and chewy, but a piece of bread in with the cookies in the cookie jar or bag (when you take them out of the freezer) and this will help them return to yummy-dom.

Anani
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
I've done it with before and they turn out fine. If you want them to be soft and chewy, but a piece of bread in with the cookies in the cookie jar or bag (when you take them out of the freezer) and this will help them return to yummy-dom.
:yes

schmamy
12-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I often freeze them...but I couldn't tell you how the quality is once thawed...because I usually eat them all in frozen form before I can find out :shifty

herbalwriter
12-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I often freeze them...but I couldn't tell you how the quality is once thawed...because I usually eat them all in frozen form before I can find out :shifty

:lol

Thanks for the tips! We like crispy choc. chip cookies...could freezing them make them soggy? :think

backtobasicsmum
12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
No, freezing them won't make them soggy. We are crispy cookie lovers too...and I freeze cookies all of the time!

Mama Calidad
12-17-2008, 11:45 AM

:laughtears That's us, too. :rockon

herbalwriter
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
No, freezing them won't make them soggy. We are crispy cookie lovers too...and I freeze cookies all of the time!

GREAT!! I know what I am doing this weekend. ;)

tinybutterfly
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Do you just throw them in a ziploc bag?

I've never frozen cookies before. :O

herbalwriter
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
[quote=butterfly ]
Do you just throw them in a ziploc bag?

I've never frozen cookies before. :O
[/quote
:yes When they were cool, I froze them right away. I wrapped them in waxed paper first because I am soft-plastic-paranoid. Then I put them in a big ziploc and sucked the air out and sealed it. I heard they were really good - even my super-picky-cookies-must-be-perfectly-crisp Dad loved them. I gave them to my family as part of their Christmas gift. :)

Oh man, I wish you hadn't resurrected this thread - I totally want cc cookies now!! :giggle