PDA

View Full Version : Taking Cod Liver Oil...how long for results?

reneandbaby
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
If you've taken Cod Liver Oil, I'd be curious to hear.....what kind of benefits did you personally see *for you*? For your kids? How long were you taking it before you started to see this benefits, and how long did you have to take it to see full benefits?

:)

~yogamom~
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I honestly don't see huge benefits in myself, though I do take it. I think the absence of tangible benefits is b/c I have so much other health stuff going on the CLO barely makes a dent (I need to be GFCF and am not-- that about says it all).

However, for my dd I notice the results of taking CLO very quickly! After about 4 days of taking a high dose, her skin gets a little smoother and softer and she just radiates health. It's pretty amazing.

cobluegirl
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
what exactly are you looking for??

I notice that when dh and the kids take it their skin issue's are lessened or gone... softer supple skin as opposed to dry, crusty eczema skin.. for instance. I don't take often enough to see benefits.. When I was taking it regularly I "think"my brain worked better. dh notices a difference mentally when he takes his regularly

reneandbaby
12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
what exactly are you looking for??

Nothing specific. I'd just like to know the tangible benefits that other people have seen from taking CLO. I've noticed some for myself but I'm curious to see if they're "psychosomatic" or if others have had the same experience. :heart

cobluegirl
12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
gotcha... I feel better mentally when taking it.. just not as depressed leaning...

Katigre
12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
My eczema improved immensely even without any change in the rest of my care habits. The skin in the areas where I have eczema became much healthier and less inflamed. It's been awesome to not deal with horrible itchiness this pregnancy compared to what I dealt with when pg with DS.

gentlemommy
12-09-2008, 08:21 PM
:popcorn I've just started taking it regularly and I haven't noticed anything yet but it's only been a week or so. I've been taking it sporadically for quite awhile and never noticed anything either. I'm hoping to see better results now that I'm taking it everyday.

SonshineMama
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
For me, I notice results in 2 to 3 days. I notice about 2 to 3 days in a row of forgetting to take it too ;)

For me, I am less depressed, better focus.

The kids. . . . I think about the same. . .

I haven't managed to get any CLO in the child with skin problems. I have now tried 3 flavors but nope . . . not yet. The older 2 can swallow them so that is who I am referring to.

reneandbaby
12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Interesting.

I started taking CLO as a natural vitamin D supplement for the winter-time. I started taking it last week. What floored me was the completely unexpected improvement in my anxiety levels. :jawdrop Within three days, suddenly I found I wasn't getting nearly as anxious at night. I bumped up to taking it twice a day and the difference has been pretty stunning.

I have no idea if it is psychosomatic or what. I didn't take it for that reason, so I was wondering if it was something I'm making up in my mind, or if it can really help with anxiety.

ChristmasGirl
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
well, i am taking fishoil, so a little different but still omega 3. it has helped me *tremendously* with my anxiety :yes and depression. i noticed by the 3rd day that i was much improved, and i am just more able to cope with everything. when i stop taking it, i notice my anxiety increase within just days, and i also noticed that my hands got horribly cracked again after about 10 days off of it. now that i've been taking it again regularly for about 10 days, my skin is soooo much better (you know how colorado air literally sucks all of the moisture out of your skin!) I'm glad that it's helping you! :hug

SonshineMama
12-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Interesting.

I started taking CLO as a natural vitamin D supplement for the winter-time. I started taking it last week. What floored me was the completely unexpected improvement in my anxiety levels. :jawdrop Within three days, suddenly I found I wasn't getting nearly as anxious at night. I bumped up to taking it twice a day and the difference has been pretty stunning.

I have no idea if it is psychosomatic or what. I didn't take it for that reason, so I was wondering if it was something I'm making up in my mind, or if it can really help with anxiety.

Well, when I start to think it's all in my head I stop taking my CLO :shifty and then about 4 days after I stopped taking it, my dh says "did you cut back on your CLO again?" :shifty Because I regularly decide I am crazy and CLO isn't doing what I think it is. Or what is better yet is when I am doing so well I think I don't need it anymore cuz I am doing so great and stop taking it only to be a wreck within a week :shifty

I am glad it's helping :hug

crunchymum
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
it takes a couple weeks for me to notice... but my hair and nails get nicer, my mood improves, and i find myself not eating as much junk. :shrug

i just ordered some, it's coming tomorrow! :woohoo (along with a giant jar of coconut oil, :giggle)