PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Freezer was left cracked

WI Mama05
11-11-2008, 10:29 AM
last night and I dud it :O :nak2.

Most things seem still frozen, but there is frost on everything!

What is safe and what isnt now? It was full, full, full from baby meals :cry

schmamy
11-11-2008, 11:02 AM
oh no :hugheart

Marielle
11-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I think if stuff is still frozen you should be just fine.

Lady TS
11-11-2008, 01:53 PM
yep, if it's still frozen it's good. If it's thawed and still cold I'd figure out a way to use it the next few days. :hug

backtobasicsmum
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
In my experience, a cracked freeze just means it worked a lot harder....but everything should be okay. :hugheart Especially if there was frost on stuff....it is still frozen, the frost is just from moist outside air getting in. :heart

Drew
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
We've had that happen too. :hug2

yep, if it's still frozen it's good. If it's thawed and still cold I'd figure out a way to use it the next few days. :hug

:yes

ThreeKids
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
When we had the power outage, the radio advice was that, as long as a part of the food item is still frozen, it's still good. I ended up throwing things away in that case, though, because we had large items that were very thawed on one end and frozen on the other and my fingers were too cold to figure out just how warm the thawed ends were.

I think you're okay for just one night.

When you hear about people not trusting things that have been just slightly thawed, I think the problem there is that an item went through that over and over many times, like something that has been removed and then put back too many times.