PDA

View Full Version : where do you find the stuff to make your laundry detergent

puah
11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
i'd like to start making our laundry detergent but can't find the ingredients locally...not even washing soda :scratch i've checked walmart and target with no luck. other ideas? i've also heard you can substitue ivory for zote soap...is that true?

Genesis
11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
well I'm with you on the not finding washing soda, I'm going to order it online. I did find borax at walmart. You can substitute ivory for zote. Good luck!! :heart

MarynMunchkins
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
amazon.com has them all. :)

JJsMom
11-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I actually found the washing soda at our local grocery store in with the detergents. :rockon

celestial princess
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I get all of it at Kroger, only I use a different soap than Zote, but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

mom2jolakeil
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I actually found the washing soda at our local grocery store in with the detergents. :rockon

Yep. One store only had the Borax and the other had both.

I use Phels Nephthal if I have it. Didn't realize Zote was ok!

knitlove
11-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I have to do to the older not remodeled/ updated Kroger's to find washing soda.
i've also heard you can substitue ivory for zote soap...is that true? I use Ivory because I can fide it cheaper than Zote or Phels Nephthal

Mert
11-10-2008, 07:19 AM
:yes

michelle
11-10-2008, 07:23 AM
I go online to a store that specializes in selling homemade natural laundry detergent because I had a tough time finding all the products nearby. I will keep searching but until I find a place that sells washing soda I I by mine here at http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/

MommaNae
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I get all of it at Kroger, only I use a different soap than Zote, but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

Kroger for me too and the soap is Fels Naptha,

Blue-EyedLady
11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I tried to make my own washing soda from baking soda a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it worked or not, but I've been using the mix on diapers and it seems to be working just fine so far. I found websites online that say you can get it from pool supply stores, but I haven't checked there yet.

Borax I found at Walmart, and Ivory at the $1 store.

Mama Calidad
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
A Mexican grocery store may have the Zote.

mom2jolakeil
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
You only use a third of the Fels nephta. It's $1.30 at our grocery store and i find it with the other soaps. I don't remember how much the Ivory was. I bought it before I found the Fels nephtha (only two or three stores sell it here :shrug). I've been wanting to try glycerin soap :think

Forgiven
11-10-2008, 09:24 PM
I found Washing soda at the grocery stores. Wal-mart, Target, and the grocery store carry Borax here.