PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Home Blessing Challenge - Nov 8th/9th Weekend

KatieMae
11-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Before you ask...
1. You have the entire weekend to do these two things, it doesn't matter which day, or if you spread it over both days.
2. Going to church does not count for "Devotions", sorry shifty
3. There are no 5-minute challenge points on the weekend. The thread might still pop up, but weekends are pretty hectic for most of us, so I don't want you to think that you have to keep checking in until the board closes hug
4. Points will be updated mid-day on Monday!

Have a great, relaxing weekend everyone. (And thank you all, I'm doing better this morning - but last night, not fun :no2)

Also, we have several new members this week, so this would be a great time to make-up any challenges, if you want ;) The only ones that can't be made-up are Oct 27 & 28.

SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts)
I'm sure you knew this was coming ;) Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

CHALLENGE 2: PLAYTIME!
Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts

knitlove
11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts->100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts->20
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)the piles by the door of the library where things get piled up ->30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)DH and I in the library ->45
SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts->20
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)DH and I in the library ->45
I'm sure you knew this was coming ;) Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!called family and told them we are comming for Thanksgiving adressed Chrismas card and went in search of the adresses for peopel that have moved this year ->400
CHALLENGE 2: PLAYTIME!Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts :grinn 150

:woohoo I needed the holiday planning I must get started on Chrismas card and hotell reservations and I will be making up some from Thursday and Friday.
Make up Nov 6 - china storage ->50
Saterday morning while DH was at work I did No 7 pre weekend tidy in three rooms ->150

Total=>1010

klpmommy
11-08-2008, 07:47 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 46 points
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 15 points

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

I'm sure you knew this was coming Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts
Someone has been sick all weekend. :( Today S is feeling better, but E & dh were both under the weather.

Thursday catch-up:
CHALLENGE: Formal Dining Room/Kitchen table and Dining storage
Do whatever you have in your home as far as places to eat. Check the ceilings for cobwebs, dust the blinds or curtains (check the windows for smudge-marks), wipe & shine the furniture, spot-clean any upholstered chairs, sweep the floor (clean it if it needs it!) 200pts per dining area--I even mopped!!!!

Friday catch-up:
CHALLENGE: Secondary bedrooms
This will be kids' rooms, guest rooms & maybe spare-room-turned-scary rooms, if you have have the time & energy! 250pts/room
Tidy (kids should definitely help in their rooms!)
Clean off cobwebs & dust lights/fans
Dust and/or vacuum furniture & wall hangings
Clean windows & mirrors
Sweep or vacuum floor

BONUS: Pre-Weekend Tidy (best done in the afternoon, if you can)
This will work great with the 5-minute challenge, so make sure you play along in that thread!
Spend a few minutes - no more than 15 - in each "public" room in your house. De-clutter things that don't belong, "straighten up", if something is particularly dirty (messy counter or dusty mantle) take a second to clean it properly, then sweep/vacuum the floor. 50pts/room
I did the entry & family rooms 100 points

total: 566 points

Blue Savannah
11-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Before you ask...
1. You have the entire weekend to do these two things, it doesn't matter which day, or if you spread it over both days.
3. There are no 5-minute challenge points on the weekend. The thread might still pop up, but weekends are pretty hectic for most of us, so I don't want you to think that you have to keep checking in until the board closes hug

Have a great, relaxing weekend everyone. (And thank you all, I'm doing better this morning - but last night, not fun :no2)

Also, we have several new members this week, so this would be a great time to make-up any challenges, if you want ;) The only ones that can't be made-up are Oct 27 & 28.

SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 40
Hot Spots: 5mins = 30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Hot Spots: 5mins = 30

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) = 200
I'm sure you knew this was coming ;) Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

CHALLENGE 2: PLAYTIME! = 150

Make up challenges - pre-weekend tidy - 6 more rooms = 300

KatieMae
11-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Can I make up the pre-weekend tidy this weekend?

Sure

joystrength
11-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Before you ask...

SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

monkeylicious
11-08-2008, 08:12 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

looks like my total for the weekend is 505

charla
11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step x 2 = 6 pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) x 1 = 15 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) x 1 = 15 pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) x 3 = 45 pts

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) x 4 = 400 pts

FINAL TOTAL =871 pts

kwisie
11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Before you ask...

SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

Total - 200 pts

ProudMommaof2
11-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Also, we have several new members this week, so this would be a great time to make-up any challenges, if you want The only ones that can't be made-up are Oct 27 & 28.

SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 10
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 6
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 10
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 15

I'm sure you knew this was coming Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!! 100

Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts 150

total for weekend 466

Countrymama
11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Saturday Daily's
Done:
Devotions: 100 pts
Dishes: Some done 10 pts
Hot Spots: Dining room table 15 pts

Sunday Daily's
Dishes: some done 10 pts
Laundry: 2 loads washed, 2 loads dried, 1 load folded = 3pts per = 18 pts
Hot spots: kitchen counter and front shelf 30 pts

Challenge 1: Holiday planning:
1 hr = 200 pts
I got Thanksgiving all squared away and started a Christmas cookie list

Challenge 2: Playtime
My kids and I colored together and then played a game of Candyland on Saturday for AT LEAST an hour!!! :) 150 pts

Total: 533 pts

MommaNae
11-08-2008, 10:14 AM
The only ones that can't be made-up are Oct 27 & 28.

SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 6 steps 18pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 2steps - 6pts

Makeup challenges:

Nov. 5th
CHALLENGE: DE-CLUTTERING!
Use that list you worked on last week to determine where & what you'll be doing today. Remember to stay on-track when you're going through piles or drawers or boxes - Keep/sell(donate)/trash, it's a 2-second decision. This isn't in the Daily's today b/c the points are increased...
15 minutes = 75pts, NO LIMIT!!!

600pts - the playroom. :phew that was a job!

Nov. 6th
BONUS: Formal Living Room, or other secondary room
NOT a kids' room, but maybe a guest room, office, playroom - pick something! Maybe someplace you de-cluttered yesterday needs a good cleaning today! You know the drill by now. Start at the top & work your way down. 200pts

200pts - then I scrubbed that room and some of the toys

Nov. 7th
CHALLENGE: Secondary bedrooms
This will be kids' rooms, guest rooms & maybe spare-room-turned-scary rooms, if you have have the time & energy! 250pts/room
Clean windows & mirrors
Sweep or vacuum floor

250pts- the boys room. We even rearranged their furniture. I'm tired!

Total:1334 pts

TrinMama
11-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Katie, you must live in my head or something. :haha

Holiday planning was on my personal to-do this weekend. :rockon

schmamy
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
:heart

Atarah
11-08-2008, 11:33 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 5 complete loads: 100pts; 3 loads folded/put away :18 pts 118 pts total

Makeup from earlier - top to bottom clean of ds room (and it got painted, too :tu - finally :giggle ) 250pts

Total for the weekend: 963

Rose
11-08-2008, 11:37 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

I'm sure you knew this was coming wink Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

DH is gone until tomorrow mid-day so I'm going to try to get a ton of stuff done while he's away (as long as dd and the puppy allow for me to take occasional breaks from playing to do so). ;)

Total Points for Sat/Sun: 1191
400 for Holiday Planning (I was working on it all morning so I didn't even know what the challenge was until AFTER I was finished)
150 for playtime! 90 minutes of shrieking, giggling fun of "the tickle monster" ((daddy)) and running behind mama. :P~ Now dd is asleep and dh hit the road to go to his birthday gift (a concert 5 hours away).
172 pts for laundry! 8 full loads done, two more washed and dried! :jump2 Now I'm almost half-way done. :shifty
75 pts for hot spots and cleaning--- MY HOUSE IS GETTING SO CLEAN... Well, its getting cleaner anyways. ;)
+250 for cleaning dd's room (challenge from the 7th if I'm correct)

mom2threegirls
11-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Lots of laundry done- 6 loads completely done. 120 points.

Finished the dining room deep clean for 200 points (finally!).

2 hours of holiday planning. One planning the menu and calling people for Thanksgiving. Looks like it will be small :sigh but that's actually a good thing (I just don't get why close family members would prefer to go out to dinner instead of going to their kids' house :scratch :(). And another hour planning the Christmas lights. I'm trying to make what we had for our old house work for the new and get it up this week so they're all set for the day after Thanksgiving :yes :rockon. 400 points

Devotions done both days 200 points. Shiny sink Saturday for 20 points.

I also washed and waxed both cars and finished staining the fence! :woohoo More stuff to cross off the list!

Looks like a total of 940 for the weekend :rockon.

Grover
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Devotions: 100ptsYes
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20ptsdishes loaded-10
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load-Laundry 3X20=60
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)45
dh painted our bedroom so lots of de cluttering

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts20
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load40
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)Dh painted the family room so again lots of de cluttering

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts
)failed miserably because I spent the days keeping 2 little boys out of paint.I mostly succededI'm sure you knew this was coming ;) Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

Well I guess I did play-not sure if it counts as it wasnt the whole family though?
[/quote]

jblairosu
11-09-2008, 06:16 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 3 x 20 pts=60 pts

Wow...I needed this! I got my mom to take our family pic for our Christmas cards, picked out the cards and got them ordered, made a list of addresses and contacted people to get missing ones, made menus for when dh's family is here for Christmas, and did various other holiday planning things. It feels better to have some of that done! 400 pts

I also got caught up on:
Nov. 7 CHALLENGE: Secondary bedrooms
Clean windows & mirrors
Sweep or vacuum floor
2 rooms x 250 pts = 500pts
BONUS POINTS: 100pts for every set of bedsheets you change (you still get points above for laundering them too!) We all sleep in one bed so this was easy!

I just have to say that my house is looking sooooo much better. Dh and I have both really been enjoying the fruits of all this labor! We actually wouldn't want to crawl in a hole if someone called and said they'd be here in 15 minutes. It's so much work, but so freeing at the same time.

Total for this weekend and catch up = 1600 pts :rockon

CakeLady
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: 20pts
Laundry: 0
Hot Spots: 30
De-cluttering: 45

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: 20pts
Laundry: 0
Hot Spots: 30
De-cluttering: 45

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING – 200

CHALLENGE 2: PLAYTIME!. 150pts

Total: 740

TrinMama
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 46
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 15

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 15

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) 300
I'm sure you knew this was coming wink Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

total 586 (if i'm not mistaken..i'm sleepy) :yawn

thomer
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Saturday -
Hot Spots - 30 points
Decluttering - 45 points
Make up challenge - changed the sheets - 100 points

Sunday:
Dishes - 20 points for a shiny sink
Laundry - 20 points
Challenge 2 - 150 points - we went swimming :)

Total - 365

LoveIsGentle
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) 100
I'm sure you knew this was coming Take care of Thanksgiving first - if you're hosting, work out the menu & write a time-line for preparing the make-ahead foods, as well as the day-of plans. If you're going somewhere else, send an email or call the hostess & find out what you can bring, to help her make her plans. When Thanksgiving is squared-away, start some Christmas lists - baking, day-of food plans, shopping (!!!), and check your wrapping supplies, too. Have fun!!!

Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts 150. This was a busy family weekend. Lots of park time, board games, a birthday party, and crafts. :)

Total this weekend: 610

lumpofclay
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Very exhausting weekend, but we did play some too. . .and the house is so much cleaner! :heart

SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load x 7 loads = 140 pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) -- 100 pts -- wished I'd found more time for this! I have two Dec. birthdays too!

Plus some make-ups:

changed smoke detector batteries; cleaned switchplates & doorknobs; weeded out lotions; and put out new towels everywhere -- 4 tasks @ 25 pts - 100 pts

girls' bedroom -- ceiling to floor clean -- 250 pts.

additional room -- ceiling to floor clean -- 200 pts

dining room -- ceiling to floor clean -- scrubbed the dirty walls :bag -- 200 pts

3 mirrors @ 5 pts -- 15 pts

4 bathroom floors, swept @ 25 pts each -- 100 pts

1 shower stall cleaned -- oh my gosh! that was hard work! notice I didn't get to any others in the house :bag -- 50 pts

2 items hand-washed @ 10 pts each -- 20 pts

living room -- ceiling to floor clean -- 350 pts

master organization list -- 250 pts

bathroom touch-up (had fully cleaned one half bathroom back when the intense cleaning points were posted, so i was able to do a follow-up touch-up) 100 pts

microwave -- 50 pts

stove-top 100 pts

cleaned oven (self-clean) 100 pts

kitchen touch-up 150 pts

Total for the weekend challenges: 680
Total for the make-up challenges: 2035 :jawdrop I knew I worked hard, but I didn't realize I worked that hard! :dance

Total: 2715

Plus, you did get my PM with my points from Tuesday - Friday last week, right? 478 points

Heather R
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 6

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

All the Christmas gifts bought and wrapped! Spent most of Saturday shopping with DH and then we wrapped and listened to carols in the evening! 400 points

Play together as a family this weekend, for 30-60mins. Maybe a board game, a round of tickle-tackle, or play ball outside if the weather is nice. 150pts Well, the kids were gone all weekend, so no playtime for us. But DH and I got to watch many episodes of Heroes (season 1) while I rested on the couch. Still sick! No points for me here

651 total

Heather R
11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Plus some make-ups:

changed smoke detector batteries; cleaned switchplates & doorknobs; weeded out lotions; and put out new towels everywhere -- 4 tasks @ 25 pts - 100 pts

girls' bedroom -- ceiling to floor clean -- 250 pts.

additional room -- ceiling to floor clean -- 200 pts

dining room -- ceiling to floor clean -- scrubbed the dirty walls :bag -- 200 pts

3 mirrors @ 5 pts -- 15 pts

4 bathroom floors, swept @ 25 pts each -- 100 pts

1 shower stall cleaned -- oh my gosh! that was hard work! notice I didn't get to any others in the house :bag -- 50 pts

2 items hand-washed @ 10 pts each -- 20 pts

living room -- ceiling to floor clean -- 350 pts

master organization list -- 250 pts

bathroom touch-up (had fully cleaned one half bathroom back when the intense cleaning points were posted, so i was able to do a follow-up touch-up) 100 pts

microwave -- 50 pts

stove-top 100 pts

cleaned oven (self-clean) 100 pts

kitchen touch-up 150 pts

Total for the weekend challenges: 680
Total for the make-up challenges: 2035 :jawdrop I knew I worked hard, but I didn't realize I worked that hard! :dance

Wow!!! I need a catch up weekend like this, but I just can't kick this sickness...

lumpofclay
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Plus some make-ups:

Wow!!! I need a catch up weekend like this, but I just can't kick this sickness...

Of course, now I'm needing some point motivation to finish a couple of other (non-cleaning) tasks! :giggle

I was feeling cruddy all week. I swear by probiotics & zinc/echinacea! Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Herbwifemama
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Subbing to come back to this. Haven't been well this weekend. :/

KatieMae
11-10-2008, 03:32 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 1 load wash/dry = 6pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 15pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30pts

Blah, all these sicknesses are really messing up my point total! :hissyfit
TOTAL: 71pts

sgreen
11-10-2008, 03:34 AM
ok this is what i did...... :smile.

saturday
devotion 100pts
dishes shiny sink 20pts
laundry total 6pts
oops..no hotspots or declutters! ;)
holiday challenge..bought my fruit for christmas cake 100pts

saturday total 226pts...

sunday
devotions 100pts
dishes 20pts
hot spot 45pts
oops no declutter! :blush
playtime-we played board games for 30 mins... 150pts

sunday total 315pts

:)

knitlove
11-10-2008, 04:48 AM
I updated my post 1010 for the weekend including some make up from earlier in the week

Rea T
11-10-2008, 06:15 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 32 points (I'm detecting a pattern in my laundering points)
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45 pts (I'm counting the time I spent driving across town to actually get rid of the clutter...can I do that?)

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 18 pts

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) 1 hour of shopping 200 pts

CHALLENGE 2: PLAYTIME! I'm ashamed to say we didn't do this. It was going to be an after-supper Sunday thing, but the boys were SO out of control that we put them to bed early and they promptly fell asleep.

Total: 365

Aisling
11-10-2008, 06:18 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 6pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 30pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 10pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45pts

CHALLENGE 1: HOLIDAY PLANNING - 30mins = 100pts (limit of 2hrs/400pts) 400pts

tigerlily
11-10-2008, 07:12 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:

Such a crazy weekend -- I don't think I can claim any family time :bag and I just barely got started on the holiday planning :/

Total:250

schmamy
11-10-2008, 07:19 AM
SATURDAY DAILY:
Laundry: 3 loads @ 20pts per completed load = 60pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts

SUNDAY DAILY:
Dishes: Some done 10pts
Laundry: 20pts per completed load

GRAND TOTAL: 240 points :/

Well...I *did* some Christmas shopping...so if I can count that, add another 30 minutes = 100pts to my total. I was shopping a lot longer, but probably only seriously choosing and buying gifts for 30ish minutes.

Otherwise not a hugely productive weekend...until yesterday afternoon. DH took off all the storm windows in the dining room and I scrubbed the windows--six pane over six pane, NO removable grill--inside and out! Can I get any kind of points for that?? PLEASE?! :P~

KatieMae
11-10-2008, 08:23 AM
GRAND TOTAL: 240 points :/

Well...I *did* some Christmas shopping...so if I can count that, add another 30 minutes = 100pts to my total. I was shopping a lot longer, but probably only seriously choosing and buying gifts for 30ish minutes.

Otherwise not a hugely productive weekend...until yesterday afternoon. DH took off all the storm windows in the dining room and I scrubbed the windows--six pane over six pane, NO removable grill--inside and out! Can I get any kind of points for that?? PLEASE?! :P~

Yes, I think serious holiday shopping counts + you have my pity on the windows, but I can't give points... those who have been painting would be jealous :yes2 but I will offer a big :highfive :heart ... and, so now you're anxious to clean the insides of the windows, right? :duck

Herbwifemama
11-10-2008, 10:03 AM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 12pts

TOTAL: 42

mom2threegirls
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
My total was 940 for the weekend. :tu

tazmom
11-10-2008, 06:31 PM
SATURDAY DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts - 10 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 20 pts

SUNDAY DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 86 pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) - 30 pts (the floor)
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) - 45 pts (living room desk)

Make up challenges:
10/30 - CHALLENGE: FAMILY ROOM
The room in your house that's used for gathering together - living room, family room, den, whatever you call it - that's where you're going to be today. Let's clean it top-to-bottom: Remove the cobwebs in the corners, Dust the ceiling fan and/or light fixture, Vacuum or dust the window coverings, windowsills, mantle/fireplace surround & baseboards, Dust all the furniture & picture frames and Vacuum the upholstered furniture (you know you're going to find some money in there!), Clean the window panes, tv screens & any other glass in the room, Vacuum/sweep the floors & use the wand attachment on your vacuum to clean right up to the edge of the baseboard. Suggestion: spend your de-cluttering time in here as well... walk into the room & the most obvious mess/pile is where you should start. Let's make it clean & tidy so you can enjoy it all weekend. This is a big one for many of us, so it's a big point-value too!
350pts

Dh and I spent an entire kid-free day cleaning the living/family rooms top to bottom. It took us from 10 am to 10 pm. It's actually 2 rooms that the wall between them has been removed. I'm tired and sore today, but it's cleaner than it's been, um, ever.

11/1-2 - CHALLENGE 1: 10-minute Tasks
* Gather items to be returned (to friends, to the library, etc) - 25 pts
* Actually return all those items - 25 pts
* Plan your dinners for the week & start a grocery list - 25 pts

Total for the weekend - 766