PDA

View Full Version : Converting the garage into a play room?

hey mommy
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
We have a finished garage and very small house. We're still talking about adopting and the kids would have to share a room. DH said we could put bunk-beds in C's room(he'd be on the top bunk), but we'd have to clear out the toys. It's a VERY small room. Anyhoo.... I was thinking we could convert part of the garage into the playroom.. Put a large rug, some bookshelves, etc. in a corner and that could be a play area.. Of course all dangerous stuff would be locked up or put out of reach.

Is this a good idea? Once we clear out some more boxes we'll have plenty of room. Plus we are selling the piano that is out there. We don't park in it now, so that's not a big deal.. I don't really care if we do or not. I just want a nice area for C(and possibly another kid) to play in.

Any ideas on how to go about doing this? Would it be okay to put it in the corner where the door leading to the backyard is at?

mom2threegirls
11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I think that's a great idea! It's something I'd love to do but DH insists on having the garage as his space :shrug. My SIL has an incredibly clean, organized garage (seriously- it's the cleanest, most perfect garage I've ever seen :yes) and they stick toys out there for the kids to run around and play- it's awesome when the weather is bad during a big kid party.

Sounds perfect putting it by the door to the backyard (assuming they'd be able to play out there whenever, and it's fenced). You wouldn't have to worry about kids breaking stuff or anything out there either :rockon.