PDA

View Full Version : air feels thick?

Lavender Lily
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Since yesterday, I've noticed that when I breath in, it feels thick. Like when you walk into a restroom after someone has taken a really hot shower. Yesterday was the coldest in the past two weeks, about 40 in the morning and 30 something the night before. Dh did turn on the therm. for just in case if it dipped down low enough for it to turn on...it never did. I turned it off yesterday morning b/c I just thought it was too soon to have it on in case it ever did go off. During the night I kept feeling that thickness, dh had no idea what I was talking about. I still feel it today, its around 43 right now....1:30pm
The water heater is in the hallway near our rooms. This is where I feel it the most. If I go to the other side of the house I'm fine. I find that I'm clearing my thoat (flem) more often in this area. I don't feel it when I go out...so what is it.
Its not carbon monoxide, is it? :nails

ds woke up being nauseous and still says he doesn't feel good. His room is right next to the wall where the water heater is with a vent that leads directly into his room. :nails

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
:pray4 :hugheart I'd be concerned too. Maybe you should call your gas company to come out and check? Will they do that for free?

Lavender Lily
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
the fire dept came out and everything checked out fine. 0% carbon monoxide was detected. But there's still the lingering stuffy air thing going on. :shrug Ds is still not feeling well, it may just be a mild stomach bug. :shrug
Since I'm pregnant I really was wrried b/c I had no clue if it was CM or what but at least I know it wasn't. :phew

Punkie
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
:phew  I'm so glad everything is safe.

BTW, I have the exact same feeling when the weather turns colder.  I think there is a physical component to it WRT either the dryness of the air or the heater or something.  I have noticed that it is also very much related to anxiety levels for me, and always trickier during pregnancy.  Doing some kind of meditation or relaxation seems to help.  I'm not saying that yours is caused or exacerbated by anxiety, but I wanted to share what I've found  :)

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm glad you got that checked out. :heart

Lavender Lily
10-29-2008, 05:02 AM
:phew I'm so glad everything is safe.

BTW, I have the exact same feeling when the weather turns colder. I think there is a physical component to it WRT either the dryness of the air or the heater or something. I have noticed that it is also very much related to anxiety levels for me, and always trickier during pregnancy. Doing some kind of meditation or relaxation seems to help. I'm not saying that yours is caused or exacerbated by anxiety, but I wanted to share what I've found :)

well dh thinks he knows why. He mentioned that he did clean out his desk (which is in our room), there was alot of dust and stuff. He said he tryed all he could to clean it and vacuumed twice to make sure he got everything b/c he knows I have dust allergies. So he thinks it could be related and that I could be getting asthma symptomes instead of the usual sneezing and itchy eye thing. Last night my nose was bothering me I kept having to clear my thost during the night. I ended up sleeping on our sofa. The only rooms in our home that have carpet is ours and dd1. Dh has promised me that soon we will replace it with wood flooring b/c if my allergies. :heart

Punkie
10-29-2008, 07:32 AM
That could definitely do it :yes2 One time that it happened to me, I went to my doctor and I was having mild asthma symptoms.

Lady TS
10-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Is there any possibility that you have a leak somewhere and there is mold growing somewhere? Like in the hot water heater closet?

I get that feeling when our basement is musty---and nausea and difficulty breathing could be due to mold allergy.