PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Home Blessing Challenge - Oct 28th

KatieMae
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Continuing our Reset Week...

BATHROOMS, ugh, I know, I'm so sorry. But it'll be fun b/c we're doing it together! :cheer

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge)
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition :sick You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! :lol Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each
Sweep floor: 25pts each
Mop floor: 25pts each
Toilet: 30pts each
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) )
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow :yes

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation :P~

POINTS TOTALS
AdrienneQW/Adrienne
Anani/Rachel 485
ArmsOfLove/Crystal 597
Atarah 609
Blue Savannah/Kristin 575
CakeLady/Wendy 520
Charla 411
ChristmasGirl/Susie
dylansmom/Leah
gentle2blue/Tracey 477
GodChick/Michele 95
Heather R/Heather 326
IslandHome/Eva 405
jblairosu/Jennifer 505
joyful mama/Jen 547
joystrength/Tonya 300
KatieMae/Katie 419
klpmommy/Kimberly 545
knitlove 565
kwisie/Karen 506
LoveIsGentle/Sarah 455
lumpofclay/Jessica 330
MaiMama/Mai 373
MessianicMama 338
michelle3802/Michelle 31
mom2threegirls/Cari 640
MommyNae/Jenae 510
monkeylicious/Jennifer 150
nebraskanmom/Liz
Niphredil/Lindsay 503
Playful Mommy/Sheryl
ProudMommaof2/Traci 382
Rea T 475
RealLifeMama/Amy 590
RiverRock/Jessica
Schmamy/Amy 430
scottishthistle/Sara
Sign Of The Fish Burger/Candice
SonshineMama/Jodi 454
thomer/Tracy 515
tigerlily/Robin
TrinMama/Gina 937
valentine
WI Mama05/Kim - On Leave for babymooning!

RealLifeMama
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Just saving my spot ;)
We have company coming, so I will have lots of tasks that don't count, like dusting, vacuuming, changing the air filter, making food, etc. So, I don't know how much of this I will get to. The powder room at least, I guess.
I went ahead and crossed off the bathmats and shower curtain because we have neither.

BATHROOMS, ugh, I know, I'm so sorry. But it'll be fun b/c we're doing it together! :cheer

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge)
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 10 min -30pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) Went throught huge pile of maternity clothes that have been sitting on my bedroom floor for weeks. :bag 45 points

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition
Mirror: 15pts Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each (60 pts)
Toilet: 30pts each 90pts)
Sweep & mop floor: 125pts swept, but did not mop master. Did the others.
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow :yes

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation :P~

DH did notice! He said "Wow, it is really clean in here. Thanks for cleaning up. " I told him it was a task for our challenge and he said "I like this forum! Spend lots of time on that one. Forget about all the others. :P "

I just could not get to the shower. I might try to do it tomorrow morning while I am in the shower, as that is usually when I would clean it.
But the rest of the bathroom was nice. DH was home for hours before he went upstairs. I was in the laundry room, but I heard him exclaim "WOW! This is awesome!" when he walked in there. He complimented me on the kitchen again tonight, also. He said "wow, honey, two nights in a row! Keep it up." :lol

Again, my total was 545

KatieMae
10-27-2008, 09:02 PM
DH did notice! He said "Wow, it is really clean in here. Thanks for cleaning up. " I told him it was a task for our challenge and he said "I like this forum! Spend lots of time on that one. Forget about all the others. :P "

:lol I hope you reminded him that it's partly his fault that you're in Cradled ;)

And, do you know how my DH noticed? He walked over to the stove/counter to get a knife to cut some pie for dessert & noticed the knife block is now besides the cutting board (genius!) on the opposite counter, so he says, "Oh, you moved the knives." :/ Yeah, that's all, just the knives. Didn't touch anything else. Not one bit. :giggle

Sign Of The Fish Burger
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 1 completed load= 20pts, plus 2 loads folded and put away 12 pts- total 32pts
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts I vac'd my downstairs 50pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition :sick You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! :lol Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each 3 bathrooms= 3 mirrors 15pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 1 double vanity, 2 other smaller bathrooms= 80pts
Toilet: 30pts each 3 toilets= 90pts
Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each 3 bathrooms= 3 floors swept and mopped. 150pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 2 bathrooms with tubs and showers+ pregnant= 150 pts

Total= 587
Saving my spot for tomorrow. I have a appointment early in the morning so I'll probably only get to this tomorrow afternoon. :rockon

I do have one question though- Do we get extra points for EACH bathroom we clean, or is it total points for all bathrooms (maybe you clarified that adn I missed it? :shrug)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KatieMae
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
You get points for each PART that you do - each toilet is 30pts, each sink is 20pts, etc. It seems like a fairer way to give points :)

Herbwifemama
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Augh! I had edited my post, and then tried to post it, and the boards went down- so I went to do more stuff, and when I came back, the old stuff was gone, and I couldn't post the new stuff

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts- dd didn't take a nap today, so there was no time for quiet time- though maybe I can do some tonight... we'll see...
Dishes:Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts :smile
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load Ok, I need a tally here- 3 loads folded and 3 put away, one washed, hung to dry, folded and put away :woohoo a completed load!- points adjusted accordingly 38
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) took care of my rocking chair, which is a hot spot, and the area beside the rocking chair where my knitting basket and mending are- found bugs in my yarn!! :sick :sick :crazy2 :crazy2 I washed the basket, vacuumed the rug, sprayed the basket with vinegar, and threw away the buggy yarn. Added a lavender and rosemary sachet, with extra lav EO.
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) decluttered my shoe rack and underwear drawer (broke the drawer in the process :blush)

Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each<-- magic eraser took off the marks I couldn't get off with vinegar, but it also took off the paint!! :( :hunh
Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each

Aww, dh didn't notice, cause I told him what I did today before he even saw the kitchen! :P Bummer!

TOTAL: 368

DancingWithElves
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
:scratch sorry, i'm a little confused.
is it too late to join?

Atarah
10-27-2008, 10:13 PM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 60pts

Mirror: 5pts each 10pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 30pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 20pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set 10pts (I wasn't going to rewash the one I washed on Sunday ;) )
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 40pts
Toilet: 30pts each 60pts
Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each 100pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each 100pts

Total for day: 675

:shifty
dh and I clean a church 2 days a weeks so I don't need to get a fulltime OTH job. Today we cleaned:
8 mirrors (40pts)
3 open shelves dusted (30pts)
9 sinks & surround (180pts)
11 toilets + 4 urinals (450pts)
6 bathroom floors swept and mopped (600pts)
If I could get points for those, it would be an extra 1300pts. :haha :haha

tazmom
10-27-2008, 10:50 PM

DAILY'S:

Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each

Getting ready for tomorrow.

I got nothing for today. I was gone all day. :blush

knitlove
10-28-2008, 03:29 AM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts ->100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts some ->10 shiny sink -> 20
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 2 complete load, wash, 2 put away, fold ->52
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) :blush I really need to do this.
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 15 min decluttering ->45
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts ;) 50
Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition:
Mirror: 5pts each 3 ->15
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each no open shelfs but I wiped down all the walls so I am counting that 3->30
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set in the wash 2 ->20
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set only one needed it ->10
Sink & its surround 20pts each 3-> 60
Toilet: 30pts each 3 -> 90
Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each 3 -> 150
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 2-> 150

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! Yahh DH! -> 10

total: 10 110 680 782 792 DH is home and I am off to bed.

monkeylicious
10-28-2008, 03:33 AM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load x2 = 40
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)

my total for today is 105 for today
(still not bad for having companty - and they left this morning... so, now i can play catch-up!)

TraceMama
10-28-2008, 04:09 AM
I'm so glad that today is bathroom day. :yes Mine need it, since their deep-clean was almost two weeks ago...... before the party. :shifty

Here's a question, though. If I manage to sweep the floors, but don't mop them, can I split the points for that task and take half? :scratch

Oh, and thank you very much for the consideration being paid to pregnant women! ;) I appreciate it! :)

BBL to update points!

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) 12
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 30

Mirror: 5pts each 4 mirrors, 20 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 20 pts.
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 20 pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set 10
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 60
Toilet: 30pts each 90 pts
Sweep & mop floor: 50pts each 75 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 150 pts!

TOTAL: 637 points

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 04:56 AM
:scratch sorry, i'm a little confused.
is it too late to join?

Definitely! You can read the official directions on this sticky post:
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=199543.0
Have fun!

Here's a question, though. If I manage to sweep the floors, but don't mop them, can I split the points for that task and take half? :scratch

Oh, and thank you very much for the consideration being paid to pregnant women! ;) I appreciate it! :)

Yes, the floor points can be split (I'll edit that in the OP) & you're welcome... :shifty I don't want all those hormones to be angry with me so I thought I should appease you all ;)

[center][b][color=red]POINTS TOTAL IN THE OP

klpmommy
10-28-2008, 05:09 AM
marking my spot.

today will be a big point day for me, I have four bathrooms, although I will probably only do three.

and I get the extra bonus b/c the first thing dh said when he walked in the kitchen yesterday was "wow!" :woohoo :rockon (the second thing was "how long will you keep it that way, but I am ignoring that part ;) )

BATHROOMS, ugh, I know, I'm so sorry. But it'll be fun b/c we're doing it together!

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100 pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 20 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today nudge, nudge) 47 points
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45 pts
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts 50 pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each 20 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 20 pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 80 pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each 50 pts
Toilet: 30pts each 90 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ) 150 pts
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation 10 pts

total: 732

TrinMama
10-28-2008, 05:30 AM
oh wowie. bathrooms. my worst area.

TraceMama
10-28-2008, 05:32 AM
marking my spot.

today will be a big point day for me, I have four bathrooms, although I will probably only do three.

and I get the extra bonus b/c the first thing dh said when he walked in the kitchen yesterday was "wow!" :woohoo :rockon (the second thing was "how long will you keep it that way, but I am ignoring that part ;) )

Focus on the positive. ;) Dh might've said something similar, which would have resulted in a snarky comment from me. ;)

klpmommy
10-28-2008, 05:50 AM
I think I remember last year getting some points for 5 minutes of kitchen maintence. Will we get that this year? I really like my kitchen today, it felt so good to walk into the cleanness!!

schmamy
10-28-2008, 06:02 AM
YUCK! I hate bathrooms. I have noticed the tub is getting gross, though...my automatic shower cleaner :shifty is broken and I really do think that thing makes a difference!

Do I get extra points for taking the shower curtains down and washing them (that's a HUGE pain, but needs to be done)...or maybe that would just be laundry points? :think Only one bathroom at our house, so I can't earn very many points, but I'll get to work.

I agree it felt SO good to walk into my sparkling kitchen this morning!

And, speaking as a non-pregnant woman...I think ladies over halfway through their pregnancies should get more than 25 extra points for scrubbing their tub floor--that job is a GIANT pain when you're not pregnant at all, let alone when you've got a huge belly in the way! You've got my admiration if you tackle that :hug

Rea T
10-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Marking my space, I'm glad today is bathrooms, although I'm short on time today.

Whew. Some days you just have to know when enough is enough. I was going to do more when I got back, but I am beat. Sooo...

Devotions: 100 pts
Dishes: Shiny sink at bedtime 20 pts
Laundry: Dried one load 3 pts; washed dried and hung up another but it was just a karate uniform so I'm only taking 9 points: 12 points total
De-cluttering: 5 mins - 15 pts

Bathroom, started them, will finish tomorrow:
Mirrors x 2: 10 pts
Bathmats x 2: 20 pts
Sinks x 2: 40 pts
Toilets x 2: 60 pts

TOTAL: 277

tempus vernum
10-28-2008, 06:13 AM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts done 100
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts done - sink shiny 20 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) done - 2 full loads 40 pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) done 30 pots
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) done I spent HOURS decluttering clothes today :phew My back is ACHING but my kids have winter clothes ready :phew and lots of clothes to donate :phew 45 pts
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts done 50 pts

Mirror: 5pts each done 10 pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set done - 1 set 10 pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each done 1 sink 20 pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each done 1 floor 25 pts
Mop floor: 25pts eachdone 1 floor 25 pts

Toilet: 30pts eachdone 1 toilet 30 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) done - 1 bath/shower combo 50 pts

Crossed off the stuff I don't have . . . . .I have more I am doing but wanted to update with some of the stuff I have done :phew my whole body hurts :giggle that decluttering HURT. But it's needed doing for SO SO SO long! Project clothes is close to done - just a few more things to do :phew

Final update -- total points 465 I think - I'll re - add - it *is* 4am LOL

MommaNae
10-28-2008, 06:19 AM

DAILY'S:
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts - shiny sink at bedtime - 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) - 1 complete, 3 dry, 4 washed - 41pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) - 5mins - 15pts
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts - done - 50pts

Mirror: 5pts each - done - 5 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each - 3 shelves - 30pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set - 1 set done 10pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set - 1 set- 10pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each - 1 sink/surround - 20pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each - done - 25pts
Mop floor: 25pts each - done - 25pts
Toilet: 30pts each - 1 - 30pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) - done, I HATE that job. - 50pts

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation :P~ nope, he looked around but didn't say anything :pout

Day's total - 331pts

Anani
10-28-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm actually glad today is bathroom day. I need it.

Question - can I throw bath mats in the washing machine?

thomer
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Done:
Hot Spots: 5mins = did cat box and homeschool area - 30pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each x2 - 40pts
Mirror: 5pts each x2 - 10pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each x2 - 50pts
Mop floor: 25pts each x2 - 50pts
Toilet: 30pts each x2 - 60pts
De-cluttering: - basement 15 min - 45pts
Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts

Extra Bonus:
No compliment from hubby :no2 Well, he helped me do it! And I complimented him on helping me - so does that count :shifty :giggle

Total today - 525 :woohoo

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Dishes: 20pts
Laundry: 40 pts
Hot Spots: 30 points (this can be anywhere in the house, right?

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition 350 points total
Mirror: 15 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 140 pts (we have a big closet that I rearranged/dusted shelves, and the medicine cabinet, vanity, etc.)
Wash bathmats: 10 pts
Clean shower door inside and out: 10 pts
Sink & its surround: 20 pts
Sweep floor: 25 pts
Mop floor: 25 pts
Toilet: 30 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 75 pts

Heather R
10-28-2008, 06:57 AM
I'll post my points in this post later.

100 Devotions: 100pts
20 Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts
26 Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today wink wink nudge, nudge) One complete load, plus I folded and put away a load that was hanging.
12 Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
15De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)

Dailys Total= 176

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! laughing Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Ugh, I have 4 bathrooms, too! But they're all nice and shiny now!

20 Mirror: 5pts each
60 Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each
30 Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set
20 Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set
80 Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each
100 Sweep floor: 25pts each
75 Mop floor: 25pts each (our student's bathroom was so clean I didn't bother mopping)
120 Toilet: 30pts each
150 Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink )
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow

Bathroom Challenge Total = 655

Daily Total = 831 :rockon

kwisie
10-28-2008, 07:15 AM

BATHROOMS, ugh, I know, I'm so sorry. But it'll be fun b/c we're doing it together! cheer

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ; ) ; ) nudge, nudge) 26 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) - 15 pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition sick You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! lol Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each - 20 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each - 40 pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set - 10 pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each - 40 pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each - 50 pts
Mop floor: 25pts each - 50 pts
Toilet: 30pts each - 60 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ; ) ) - 50 pts
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow : yes

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation : P~
10 pts

Total for today - 571 pts

lumpofclay
10-28-2008, 07:24 AM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load -- 40 pts

Mirror: 5pts each -- 10 pts
Toilet: 30pts each -- 150 pts

DH noticed the kitchen and pointed it out to the children. . . "Look what Mommy did and how nice the kitchen looks now!" :)

Then, he cleaned the downstairs powder room! We are having company, and he uses that bathroom a lot.

Total: 330

Funny! I have the same total as yesterday!

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 07:31 AM
DH noticed the kitchen and pointed it out to the children. . . "Look what Mommy did and how nice the kitchen looks now!" :)

WOW! That should be double points for praising you in front of the kids. :heart :heart :heart

CakeLady
10-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Bolded means not done yet.

DAILY'S:
Dishes: 20pts
Laundry: 1 load: 20pts
Hot Spots: 30pts
De-cluttering: 45pts

Mirror: 15pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 30pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 20pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 20pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 40pts
Sweep floor: 50pts
Mop floor: 50pts
Toilet: 60pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 150pts

Extra Bonus: And DH did notice the kitchen and the other stuff I did yesterday. I went to my LLL meeting and came home to flowers. Yes, flowers! He took DD to buy me flowers. :heart 10pts

Total for today: 710
Previous Total: 520

joystrength
10-28-2008, 08:11 AM

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) 40 pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 15 pts

[b]120 pts

DragonfliiMama
10-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I can catch up on challenges later right? I work all day today and tomorrow but had planned on a MAJOR cleaning day on Thurs when I don't work. And I might need to do that a lot. I work full time and I have a half-hour commute, so by the time I get home, I'm not up to much. If I can do several challenges on my days off, though, that'll work out.

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
I think I remember last year getting some points for 5 minutes of kitchen maintence. Will we get that this year? I really like my kitchen today, it felt so good to walk into the cleanness!!

Well my qualification for Shiny Sink points at night is that all your counters, stovetop & sink are wiped/rinsed clean, so that should help quite a bit. I plan to be in the kitchen every Monday though, to keep it under control :yes

Do I get extra points for taking the shower curtains down and washing them (that's a HUGE pain, but needs to be done)...or maybe that would just be laundry points? :think

That's on the list :yes ... cuz I need to do the same thing :shifty

Question - can I throw bath mats in the washing machine?

Yep! But wash them by themselves or with only towels - they tend to make a lot of lint.

And DH did notice the kitchen and the other stuff I did yesterday. I went to my LLL meeting and came home to flowers. Yes, flowers! He took DD to buy me flowers. :heart

(I do get points if he does stuff, right? I thought I remember reading somewhere it can be a family effort, but if not, I'll take my bathroom points so far away.)

You two win the "best compliment" awards - no there's no blinkie for that! :lol And yes, family members can & should help us accomplish these goals :tu

I can catch up on challenges later right?

Yes! :) Try to do the daily's though, since you can't make them up later. Any challenge or bonus can be made up anytime - when you do a make-up, post the task & points in the *current day's thread* to be sure that I see your post :yes

ProudMommaof2
10-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Saving my spot too, I didn't know I was supposed to do that yesterday...sorry. :O I'm a home challenge newbie...I'll get the swing of it eventually. :giggle

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today nudge, nudge) 29
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 15
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts 50

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each 15
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 10
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 40
Sweep floor: 25pts each 50
Mop floor: 25pts each 50
Toilet: 30pts each 60
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ) 100

Total for today: 584

charla
10-28-2008, 08:25 AM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 1 load fold and put away = 6 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) = 15 pts

Mirror: 5pts each x 2 = 10
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each x 4 = 40 pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set - Did this two weeks ago and surely don't want to do it again this week!
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each x 2 = 40
Sweep floor: 25pts each x 2 = 50 pts
Mop floor: 25pts each x 1 = 25 pts
Toilet: 30pts each x 2 = 60
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each x 1 = 50

FINAL TOTAL = 466

Aisling
10-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm playing! I really, really need this! :O :jump

Saving my place! :smile I'll cross out things as I go...it's not done unless I've highlighted it out. :giggle

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 10pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 20pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition sick You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! laughing Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
2 Mirror: 5pts each 10 pts
2 Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 20pts
2 Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 20 pts
2 Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set 20pts
2 Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 40pts
2 Sweep floor: 25pts each 50pts
3 Toilet: 30pts each 90pts
2 Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink ) 150 points
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow nodding head yes

Total for the day so far: 680

LoveIsGentle
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Question...I have carpet in my bathroom (I don't know why either. :giggle). How do I do points for that? I vacuumed it and spot cleaned a few stains...can I count that in place of mopping and sweeping?

Niphredil
10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Grrr, DH! No bonus for me! And even after I scrubbed all *his* messes off the stove. :snooty

DAILY'S:
Devotions completed - 100 points Devotions: 100pts
3 steps done + two loads - 49 points Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load
10 minutes - 30 points Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)
15 minutes - 45 points De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day)
Participating - 50 points 5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts

Challenge & Bonus:
1 mirror - 5 points Mirror: 5pts each
5 shelves - 50 points Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each
1 mat - 10 points Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set
1 sink - 20 pointsSink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each
1 floor - 25 points Sweep floor: 25pts each
1 floor - 25 points Mop floor: 25pts each
1 toilet - 30 points Toilet: 30pts each
1 preggo scrubbing the tub - 75 points Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink )

Running total: 484

edited by sonshinemama per posting guideline #5

schmamy
10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
:poke Get off the computer, Amy! Go clean that bathroom so you can enjoy the afternoon and call your best friend later! :poke

Sorry, had to give myself a little pep talk...I hate cleaning the bathroom :giggle

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Question...I have carpet in my bathroom (I don't know why either. :giggle). How do I do points for that? I vacuumed it and spot cleaned a few stains...can I count that in place of mopping and sweeping?

:yes The house I grew up in also had carpet in the bathroom... shag carpet :sick :shiver

LoveIsGentle
10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Saving my place too.

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) 20
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 45
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50pts 50

Mirror: 5pts each 10
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 10
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 10
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set 10
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 20
Sweep floor: 25pts each Spot-treating! 25 :)
Mop floor: 25pts each Vacuuming - 25
Toilet: 30pts each 30
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 50

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation :P~ 10. Nothing big, though. He walked in the door, looked around, and said, "Wow, the counters look really bare. What's for dinner?" :rolleyes

I was pretty darn productive today!
Total for today: 465

Anani
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts - DONE 100 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load 2 loads so far - 40 pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) coat rack, computer desk - 30 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 3 - living room, kitchen, bedroom 45 pts

Mirror: 5pts each 5 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 3 = 30 pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 1 set 10 pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set 1 set
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 1 sink 20 pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each 25 pts
Mop floor: 25pts each 25 pts
Toilet: 30pts each 30 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 50 pts

Extra Bonus: 10 pts

450 Total for day

Atarah
10-28-2008, 10:04 AM
And DH did notice the kitchen and the other stuff I did yesterday. I went to my LLL meeting and came home to flowers. Yes, flowers! He took DD to buy me flowers. :heart

I don't know whether you shold get extra points for him getting you flowers, or if you *shouldn't* get the 'dh noticed' points because the flowers (rather than the points) were your reward. :giggle

CakeLady
10-28-2008, 10:12 AM

I don't know whether you shold get extra points for him getting you flowers, or if you *shouldn't* get the 'dh noticed' points because the flowers (rather than the points) were your reward. :giggle

Hmmm....I hear a bit of jealousy! :giggle I was shocked when I got home....he even bought some of my favorite (orchids cuz tulips are out of season). This is so out of DH's character. He must have been pretty impressed with all the work I did yesterday....let's see if he notices the bathrooms.

joyful mama
10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
:tu

Atarah
10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmm....I hear a bit of jealousy! :giggle I was shocked when I got home....he even bought some of my favorite (orchids cuz tulips are out of season). This is so out of DH's character. He must have been pretty impressed with all the work I did yesterday....let's see if he notices the bathrooms.

Jealous, me? :shifty :giggle

Herbwifemama
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
For the 5 minute participation, can it be something on the list of things to do today? (Like, set a timer for 5 mins, clean the mirror, and get 55 points?) Or does it have to be something else?

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
The 5-minute challenge is an all-day thing, so you get 50pts for coming back between chores to tell us what you've done (and, it bumps the thread into everyone's Unread posts or New Replies so we're reminded to do more!) But yes, definitely use those 5 minutes to do chores on this challenge, or other things you need to do around the house - toy tidy, sorting mail, paying bills, making a phone call you don't want to make - things like that.

lumpofclay
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
:cool OK, cool, I didn't realize I could use the 5 minutes from this challenge to accomplish stuff on the list. I'm off to do a 5 minute! :tu

Herbwifemama
10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Cool! Do I post the 5 min to this thread, or the 5 min thread?

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
The other thread :yes

I need to keep track of this too...

DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load - 3 done = 60pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) - 30pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) - 15pts

Mirror: 5pts each - 3 done = 15pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each - 2 done = 20pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set - 3 sets = 30pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts per set - 1 set = 10pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each - 3 done = 60pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each - 3 done = 75pts
Mop floor: 25pts each Just did that last week - no way am I doing it again :no
Toilet: 30pts each - 3 done = 90pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) - 2 done = 100pts

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! :rockon If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation :P~ 10pts

TOTAL: 685

tigerlily
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100 pts `
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts 10 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today wink wink nudge, nudge)
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 15 pts

Challenge & Bonus: Bathroom edition sick You get points for each of the following that you clean, so apartment dwellers, this will be a lower-score day, but you can also celebrate that you only have one bathroom to clean! laughing Now, grab your favorite cleaners, antibacterial wipes, microfiber cloths, scrub brushes & anything else you need to get your bathrooms SPARKLING!
Mirror: 5pts each 10 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 10 pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 40 pts
Mop floor: 25pts each 50 pts
Toilet: 30pts each 60 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink ) 100 pts
You can also go ahead & put out fresh towels, but leave the dirty ones sit by the washer until tomorrow nodding head yes

Extra Bonus: (No, we won't have these every day) If your husband gave you a compliment, or even just NOTICED that your kitchen was clean last night - you get 10pts! rock on If you led him to notice, that doesn't count, it had to be a spontaneous observation razz2 10 pts

425 total

Plus two questions -- I did several things yesterday -- can I go back and post in monday's thread and get the points totals? Or is it only open if you post on Monday (for things other than just the challenges and such?)

#2 Do you prefer that when I add a task on for the day that I just quote my original post and point totals and update the total or something else?

Anani
10-28-2008, 12:03 PM
:giggle

I think we need to add bonuses if you can get all your chores done AND find time to exercise.

Herbwifemama
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM

I think we need to add bonuses if you can get all your chores done AND find time to exercise.

:yes :yes :yes

RealLifeMama
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM

:yes :yes :yes

You are kidding, right? All this cleaning is my exercise. I am feeling it today, that's for sure! :P

Anani
10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Nope! I got my walk in this morning and have kept cleaning (and of course, playing here) but I haven't found time to actually do my exercise video in the past couple of weeks and am now excusing it by doing the challenge. :giggle

mom2threegirls
10-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Mirror x's3= 15 points
dust/clean open shelf x3= 30 points
washed one bathmat= 10 points
4 sinks and surround= 80 points
mop floor x3= 75 points
toilet x3= 90 points
bathtub/showerx3= 150 points

Whew! I'm tired now but my bathrooms are very sparkly :).
My goofy husband didn't say anything about the kitchen yesterday- I'm pretty sure he *noticed* but he didn't say anything :rolleyes2. Oh well ;).

Oooooh! Yeah- bonus for exercise! (says the points-motivated person who ran yesterday and is about to go out the door to run :giggle)

charla
10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I just found out that I'm not going to be hosting Thanksgiving like I thought I was and I'm kinda bummed. :( I was looking forward to doing it and had already started making menus, etc. Now I feel like I've lost my determination to clean. I need some motivation - what reasons should keep me cleaning?

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I just found out that I'm not going to be hosting Thanksgiving like I thought I was and I'm kinda bummed. :( I was looking forward to doing it and had already started making menus, etc. Now I feel like I've lost my determination to clean. I need some motivation - what reasons should keep me cleaning?

'cause we're all in this together! 'cause your house will be clean and wonderful! 'cause you want to hang out with us every day ;)

:hugheart :hugheart :hugheart

TrinMama
10-28-2008, 01:57 PM

:hug I'd have lost motivation, too. Maybe look at it as a gift to yourself and your family...a brilliantly clean house. I think clean houses feel cozier...like a freshly made bed. :heart

TrinMama
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load: foldedx1, put awayx3 12pts
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) 30pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 15pts

Mirror: 5pts each x3 15pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each x3 60pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each x2 50pts (one didn't need it)
Mop floor: 25pts each x2 50pts (didn't get one yet)
Toilet: 30pts each x3 90pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink ) x1 50pts

total 482 so far today

charla
10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
You all have great reasons for me to continue cleaning. Another reason I thought about is how much fun it will be decorating for Christmas in a clean house, right? Thanks for the encouragement.

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM

:hug I'd have lost motivation, too. Maybe look at it as a gift to yourself and your family...a brilliantly clean house. I think clean houses feel cozier...like a freshly made bed. :heart

:yes Absolutely. YOU deserve a clean house, not just visitors :hug

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Plus two questions -- I did several things yesterday -- can I go back and post in monday's thread and get the points totals? Or is it only open if you post on Monday (for things other than just the challenges and such?)
You mean you did the Daily's? Usually you have to post THAT DAY to get credit for Daily's, but I'll give you a pass this time since this whole thing is new - so go ahead & post on Monday's thread & I'll add it to the list.

#2 Do you prefer that when I add a task on for the day that I just quote my original post and point totals and update the total or something else?
It's best if each person has just one post where they're adding up points. So, the post of yours that I quoted here - go back to it & you'll see an "Edit" button on the upper-right of your post; click that & just update what you've done :)

EVERYBODY NOTE:
I'm going to update the Points Totals list each day at Noon... after staying up WAY too late last night trying to get it updated while several of you - in other time zones - were still working :crazy :lol So, you have until Noon EST to get your point totals done from the previous day. :ty

CakeLady
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Can I just say how much better my home looks compared to Sunday before I started....and it's only been two days. :woohoo This is such a great motivator cuz since my kitchen and bathrooms look great, I didn't want the rest of the house looking horrible...so things are starting to get picked up.

Now if only we got points for eating/cooking dinner at home (and for taking vitamins), then that would really help me. :bag

knitlove
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Can I just say how much better my home looks compared to Sunday before I started....and it's only been two days. :woohoo This is such a great motivator cuz since my kitchen and bathrooms look great, I didn't want the rest of the house looking horrible...so things are starting to get picked up.

me too thought I have not done musch else picking up but I want to now

I have to say that today I love my Charlie's Soap!

mom2threegirls
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Now if only we got points for eating/cooking dinner at home (and for taking vitamins), then that would really help me.

:giggle Me too :yes. And points for flossing would be good too :lol.

My house is looking GREAT :rockon. The kids room and playroom are even looking somewhat decent, I made my bed yesterday and today (it hasn't been a habit at ALL the last few months) and everyone has fresh clean sheets :rockon. It's funny how doing the stuff for points extends to doing other things too (that don't normally get done!).

Countrymama
10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Alright...I don't think I am on the list yet but I just joined today! :)
We don't live in an apartment, but since we do live in a super old house we only have one bathroom....not that I'm complaining about this one...I HATE cleaning bathrooms! :yuck :yuck :yuck

Done:
Dailys
Devotions: 100 pts
Dishes: 10 pts
Laundry: 2 loads, washed, dried, folded and put away = 40 pts
Hot Spots: Front entryway = 15 pts
Decluttering: Kid's bookshelf, coat room = 30 pts
5 min challenge: Made bed, wiped table, hung up coats, hung up a few shirts in the bedroom = 50 pts
Bathroom Stuff
Mirror: 5 pts
Wash Bathmats: 10 pts
Sink and surrounding: 20 pts
Sweep floor: 25 pts
Mop floor: 25 pts
Toilet: 30 pts

Total = 360 pts

I'm pretty sure my total won't change since I have to go to work in an hour and then go to bible study afterwards...won't get home until about 9-9:30 pm and I am SO not cleaning when I get home. ;)

Niphredil
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm *just* now back from getting groceries :phew and I'm so far behind on points! You ladies worked hard!

klpmommy
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I am *exhausted* from all the cleaning I did today in the bathrooms. Tomorrow I need to: clean the kids' tub, sweep the main level bathroom, mop all three bathrooms & do the basement half bath completely. :phew

AND, when I got done putting the kids to bed tonight instead of heading straight for my favorite place (here) I took care of the main level bathroom (I didn't have time earlier) & cleaned the kitchen. :woohoo And dh tonight said again "the house is looking really good." :dance

CakeLady
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
And dh tonight said again "the house is looking really good." :dance

Isn't that the best. :hug

klpmommy
10-28-2008, 04:48 PM
And dh tonight said again "the house is looking really good." :dance

Isn't that the best. :hug

almost as good as flowers ;)

kwisie
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM

You need to keep cleaning because I'm going to ask you next week how your house looks. :kiss

charla
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM

You need to keep cleaning because I'm going to ask you next week how your house looks. :kiss

Yes, ma'am, I will. I may even have you over so you can see it. :) I'm going to ask you, too, so don't let me down. :P~

charla
10-28-2008, 06:06 PM
So I want to know after todays bathroom cleaning, am I the only one tempted to do one of the following:

A. Take a warm, relaxing, bubble bath in a clean candle lit bathroom with the door locked while hubby babsits kids...or...
B. Ban future use of the bathroom...so it stays clean, you know

Hmm, I can't decide...

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 06:07 PM
A. Take a warm, relaxing, bubble bath in a clean candle lit bathroom with the door locked while hubby babsits kids...or...

I wish I could take a bath, but I never feel like it's clean enough to sit in the tub - no matter how much I scrub it. I know it was once pink around the edges & I can't forget about it :sick The last time I took a real soaking bath was on our honeymoon! :jawdrop

klpmommy
10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
B. Ban future use of the bathroom...so it stays clean, you know

ITU. It really makes me upset that as soon as I clean a toilet *someone* has to poop. :sigh

mom2threegirls
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM

I LOOOOVE taking a nice hot bubble bath after cleaning out the tub :yes. I think I may have to do that tonight :rockon.

schmamy
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Dishes: Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts

Mirror: 5pts each = 15pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each = 30pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts
Clean shower curtain AND clean/replace liner: 10pts
Sink & its surround: 20pts
Sweep floor: 25pts
Mop floor: 25pts
Toilet: 30pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts

Extra Bonus: 10pts!

Grand Total: 440 points

mom2threegirls
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm done for the day. Was hoping to do some decluttering in the kids rooms but I'm wiped out :yawn.

Mirror x's3= 15 points
dust/clean open shelf x3= 30 points
washed one bathmat= 10 points
4 sinks and surround= 80 points
mop floor x3= 75 points
toilet x3= 90 points
bathtub/showerx3= 150 points
devotional 100
shiny sink at end of day 20 points
Total: 570 points :phew

joyful mama
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM
DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts done 100 pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts its shiny! 20 pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today wink wink nudge, nudge)- one dried, one dried, folded, put away- 12
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day) put out two hot spots- 30 pts
De-cluttering: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 45pts/day) 10 minutes , 30 pts

Mirror: 5pts each one done 5 pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each one done 10 pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each one done 20 pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each - one done 25 pts
Toilet: 30pts each one done 30 pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant wink )

I dont' get the 'extra' bonus cuz I asked dh to figure out what the challenge of the day was :P~. His comment, though was, 'wow! I was going to ask if we'd been robbed or something' :shifty :giggle

total for today: 282

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
:jawdrop :haha Jen

TrinMama
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I dont' get the 'extra' bonus cuz I asked dh to figure out what the challenge of the day was :P~. His comment, though was, 'wow! I was going to ask if we'd been robbed or something' :shifty :giggle

:haha

MaiMama
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Either 340 or 370, if a pottychair counts as a toilet.
Oh! Plus 20 because the kitchen stayed clean. I'll forego the potty points because the actual bowl is somewhere in the backyard, so I just did the stair part and seat. But thank you, BlueS!
So 360. Am I supposed to add it to yesterday's thread?

If so, I'm at 733.

Blue Savannah
10-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Either 340 or 370, if a pottychair counts as a toilet.

Potty chairs are grosser to clean than actual toilets. I vote you get the points. ;)

ArmsOfLove
10-28-2008, 08:11 PM

DAILY'S:
Devotions: 100pts 100pts
Dishes: Some done 10pts / Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20ptswe were gone most of the day so there are only a few dishes--I'll make sure dh loads the dishwasher before bed :P 20pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge)9pts
5-minute Challenge Participation: 50ptsgone most of the day :)

Okay--I mostly keep up on bathrooms and since we were gone today I didn't get much of this done, but ds1 did clean toilets and sinks when we got home today (it's his chore) so 40pts for sinks and 60 pts for toilets--100 pts total

He did :D 10 pts

259 points today :)

Sign Of The Fish Burger
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Updated my original post on page one with my totals. I am SO thankful today was bathroom day- my 2 full baths and half bath were in DESPERATE need of cleaning. So I literally hit almost everything on your list today :rockon

Six Little Feet
10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Dishes: Shiny Sink at Bedtime 20pts

That's all for me today!

DragonfliiMama
10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Now if only we got points for eating/cooking dinner at home (and for taking vitamins), then that would really help me. :bag

Sounds to me like we need a Holiday HEALTH Blessing Challenge as well - points for cooking/eating at home, sticking to a diet plan, taking vitamins, exercise, etc.

jblairosu
10-28-2008, 08:49 PM
DAILY'S:
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today ;) ;) nudge, nudge) 6 loads = 120

Mirror: 5pts each 3x5pts =15pts
Dust/clean an open shelf: 10pts each 2x10pts=20pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set 3 sets=30pts
Sink & its surround (so, double-vanities count as 2): 20pts each 3x20pts=60pts
Sweep floor: 25pts each 3x25pts=75pts
Mop floor: 25pts each 3x25pts=75pts
Toilet: 30pts each 3x30pts=90pts
Bathtub or shower stall: 50pts each (75pts each, if you're pregnant ;) ) 2x50pts=100pts

This was a good one for me. I definitely needed to give my bathrooms some TLC!

Total for today=830 pts

Sign Of The Fish Burger
10-28-2008, 08:55 PM

Sounds to me like we need a Holiday HEALTH Blessing Challenge as well - points for cooking/eating at home, sticking to a diet plan, taking vitamins, exercise, etc.
Ooooooh I would SO participate in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jblairosu
10-28-2008, 09:07 PM

That does sound good. I was also thinking I need a challenge for having time with Little T. :giggle With all this cleaning, he's not getting as much attention as he used to. The holidays can get so hectic, it's easy to go go go without stopping to smell the roses with your kiddo.

CakeLady
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM

That would be so cool!

ChristmasGirl
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Devotions: 100pts=100pts
Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away - 3pts per step OR 20pts per completed load (Psst! Only do what you *have* to do today nudge, nudge)=15pts. for folding and putting away, 20pts full load
Hot Spots: 5mins = 15pts (limit of 30pts/day)=30pts
Wash bathmats (1 set/bathroom): 10pts per set=10pts

TOTAL: 185

lumpofclay
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Should we post to this thread at the end and say we've updated our points? I just edited my post with points back on page 2. :heart

DragonfliiMama
10-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Points for me for the day -

Shiny Sink! 20 pts
Laundry - 1 in the washer, 1 in the dryer, 3 folded & put away x3pts ea = 24 pts
1 hotspot = 15 pts

I also scrubbed down the shower walls while I was taking a shower this morning, but I didn't do the actual tub part, so I won't claim the points for that until I get it actually finished on Thursday.

So 59 pts today.

tempus vernum
10-29-2008, 02:26 AM
udpated my points in my post ;) but I'll put them here to be easy for you ;)

thomer
10-29-2008, 04:39 AM

That would be so cool!

I'd be willing to run this :tu I'll post a thread in Natural Health about it (would that be the right forum? :think)

schmamy
10-29-2008, 04:42 AM

That does sound good. I was also thinking I need a challenge for having time with Little T. :giggle With all this cleaning, he's not getting as much attention as he used to. The holidays can get so hectic, it's easy to go go go without stopping to smell the roses with your kiddo.

I need that one! (and the health one, too)

thomer
10-29-2008, 04:54 AM
Maybe there could be a Healthy Family challenge that would include personal health (exercise, vitamins, etc) and also family things (kid's vitamins, spending time playing with kids, blessing our DH) etc. :think

schmamy
10-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Maybe there could be a Healthy Family challenge that would include personal health (exercise, vitamins, etc) and also family things (kid's vitamins, spending time playing with kids, blessing our DH) etc. :think

that's a good idea--personal health, and relationship health. :yes I have no experience running something like this but I'd love to help brainstorm ideas!

klpmommy
10-29-2008, 05:06 AM

if you start one, lmk. :)

thomer
10-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Here's a link to the thread I started

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=200538.msg2122522#msg2122522

monkeylicious
10-29-2008, 05:19 AM
katie - i updated my points... 105 for the 28th plus my previous total of 150 points makes my gand total.... 255
(but i had company and now they are gone and i get to play catch up right :shifty ) but i did sort at least a dozen boxes with my mom's help in the last two days and only got the 45 decluttering points per day for those hours of work... and i even un-buried my sewing machine :woohoo - now if i could find the box with bobbins, pins, etc i would be in business :think )

Blue Savannah
10-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I was 590 for yesterday. :)