PDA

View Full Version : Help me write a letter.

Chris3jam
10-27-2008, 10:59 AM
I am writing a letter to KitchenAid. Our fridge has gone out *again*!!!! Another fridge full of food! This is after they replaced the relay switch, the compressor, both thermostats, and the diffuser (again -- we've replaced that ourselves 3 times).

How important is it to have exact dates? Or, can I just express my extreme dissatisfaction?

KatieMae
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey Chris - sorry this forum has been so busy w/ the challenge, but not responding to your post :hug2

If I was writing a letter about a defective product, I would want to include the month/year of purchase and where I bought it, along with the model & serial number of the item (so they can reference it in their manufacturing log) but then give approximate dates, again month/year should be sufficient, of when the problems occurred.

What a horrible even though, gosh! You really need to be able to rely on your fridge to work! Have you lost food on ALL those occasions you mentioned?!

Chris3jam
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Chris - sorry this forum has been so busy w/ the challenge, but not responding to your post :hug2

If I was writing a letter about a defective product, I would want to include the month/year of purchase and where I bought it, along with the model & serial number of the item (so they can reference it in their manufacturing log) but then give approximate dates, again month/year should be sufficient, of when the problems occurred.

What a horrible even though, gosh! You really need to be able to rely on your fridge to work! Have you lost food on ALL those occasions you mentioned?!

Yep. And a freezer full (after that first time, I kept everything downstairs in the deep freeze). The temp would creep up, it would go to 40. Then, it would sometimes go down, then back up. Then, it was at 45 or 46. Then it would go back down to 39 or something. Then, it would stay at above 40. You would think "ok, it's coming back down, like it did before." Then, bam! you'd come down the next morning, and it would be sitting somewhere between 50 and 60. And, since I wouldn't know how long it would have been there, I just would start throwing out things. :(