PDA

View Full Version : another praise for baking soda & vinegar

klpmommy
10-26-2008, 06:32 PM
We have had some problems with the dishwasher as of late. It hasn't been cleaning the dishes well at all. I was going to dismantle the basket & trap at the bottom tonight so that I could really clean it, but I couldn't find the correct size socket wrench. :sigh Then :idea I poured baking soda & vinegar in it & let all the gross gunk come to the surface. Then I ran a short cycle. Then I repeated both steps. My dishes are clean now!!! :woohoo I love simple & *cheap* solutions!!!!!

Havilah
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM
:cool

joyful mama
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
ok, so you put it in where you would put the soap? then run it ..? how much? I need to do this and I want to do it right :shifty

klpmommy
10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I poured both liberally in the bottom where all the gunk was to get it to rise to the surface. Then I ran it w/o soap. I did that twice & now I am running it with soap to hopefully get the vinegar smell out, but that isn't *that* big of a deal, you know? I did hang out while running it after the liberal use of baking soda & vinegar to be sure it didn't flow out (it didn't).

joyful mama
10-26-2008, 06:44 PM
:ty4 :heart

KatieMae
10-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Sounds like a good plan! :tu My d/w is working fine, but it smells kind of... musty? You would think that all the chlorine & who-knows-what-else that's in Cascade would keep it clean & fresh-smelling but apparently not :/

Oh, hey, my d/w is actually empty right now - I should go do this :yes