PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a Steam Mop?

RealLifeMama
10-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I was at our State Fair this week working a booth. The booth where I was working was stationed across from the booth for the Deluxe Steam Mop. I got to watch the presentation several time and of course felt like I just *had* to get one.
They were 130 dollars, so I did not get one, but at BJ's today, I saw a Shark Steam Mop for half that price.
I searched for threads on it here, and saw that a couple moms had them, but most were :popcorn or questions asking how people liked the mop.
So, I was wondering if anyone has a Shark Steam Mop now and how they like it. Is it worth 70 dollars?
I have vinyl in my kitchen and bathrooms, and laminate in the playroom. Other than that, we have carpet. I hate mopping. My floor in the kitchen never looks clean, even after I have mopped. I am always on the lookout for the perfect mop. Currently, I have a sh-Mop, which everyone loves but me. I've also tried the Star Mop and don't like it much either.
Thoughts on this mop?

Bumping December 19. I still want the mop. I would like to see if anyone else would tell me their thoughts on the Shark. They are coming down in price.

Katigre
10-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I've heard not great things about the Shark, I want the Bissel Green Tea though.

Allison
10-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I have one and I love it. I use that and my swiffer and am happy. I have the hand held steam cleaner thingy, too and it's great.

Katigre
10-25-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-1867-7-Steam-Hard-Floor-Cleaner/dp/B000RPVHZU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1224966071&sr=8-1

lavender mom
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I bought a Shark from Costco and I'm returning it. It didn't seem to work any better than a wet swiffer to me. I was not impressed.

wannabemommy
10-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I was at our State Fair this week working a booth. The booth where I was working was stationed across from the booth for the Deluxe Steam Mop. I got to watch the presentation several time and of course felt like I just *had* to get one.
They were 130 dollars, so I did not get one, but at BJ's today, I saw a Shark Steam Mop for half that price.
I searched for threads on it here, and saw that a couple moms had them, but most were :popcorn or questions asking how people liked the mop.
So, I was wondering if anyone has a Shark Steam Mop now and how they like it. Is it worth 70 dollars?
I have vinyl in my kitchen and bathrooms, and laminate in the playroom. Other than that, we have carpet. I hate mopping. My floor in the kitchen never looks clean, even after I have mopped. I am always on the lookout for the perfect mop. Currently, I have a sh-Mop, which everyone loves but me. I've also tried the Star Mop and don't like it much either.
Thoughts on this mop?

i got the h2o mop and dont like it..i have 2 pads with it and cant even get through 1 room with 2 pads...i would say my favorite easiest way to wash the floor is to put some soapy water on it and get a dark towel and use my feet to go across washing and drying at the same time ;)

RealLifeMama
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
i got the h2o mop and dont like it..i have 2 pads with it and cant even get through 1 room with 2 pads...i would say my favorite easiest way to wash the floor is to put some soapy water on it and get a dark towel and use my feet to go across washing and drying at the same time ;)

That is how I like to clean the floor also. Well, sort of...what usually happens is I give the children a few big plastic bowls of hot, soapy water and some rags, and they do great with that for about 4 minutes. Then, they just dump all the water, strip down to their underwear, and slip and slide around the floor. I give them a few minutes, then kick them out and then I walk around with the towel under my feet to get it all up. Then, I go back over it with some GSe spray cleaner and the sh-mop or my Libman wonder mop, whichever has a clean head. It always looks nice after, but I figure the steam mop would be a lot less of an ordeal. :rolleyes

I am bumping this thread because I want to see if anyone else will weigh in on the Shark mop. I really want something I can just easily run over the kitchen floor every or every other day quickly, that does not have chemicals. I don't like the swiffer wet, and I am tired of using a spray bottle.

schmamy
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I am bumping this thread because I want to see if anyone else will weigh in on the Shark mop. I really want something I can just easily run over the kitchen floor every or every other day quickly, that does not have chemicals. I don't like the swiffer wet, and I am tired of using a spray bottle.

I have the Shark. I don't love it like I thought I would. It's okay--I do like it better than an old-fashioned mop and bucket--but it's still not convenient enough for me to mop the kitchen as often as I should :shifty

I like that there's no chemicals, but I don't think it is any more convenient than a Swiffer wet. I've never had an actual Swiffer wet--I used to put wet Swiffer cloths on my dry Swiffer--but with the Shark mop, you have to get out the funnel and fill cup, fill it up with water, plug it in and let it heat up (only about 30 seconds, but still), then be sure to empty the water, wind up the cord, etc. IMO it's not a quick "grab and be done in two minutes" thing...but maybe my expectations for mopping are just unrealistic :giggle

I think it works pretty well. It makes my arm HURT though. But I'd rather have my arm hurt than my back hurt (which happens with the old-fashioned mop.

So I guess I'm kind of ambivalent about it. Does that help? :P~

rosesnsnails
12-19-2008, 03:31 PM
We're looking into getting one, also. I can't remember the name of the one dh was considering. bbl

Allison
12-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Still love it, still use it!