PDA

View Full Version : my parents are coming

monkeylicious
10-20-2008, 04:39 AM
and yes, i've known for a few weeks exactly when - and a rough idea for even longer (they are snow birds!)
ETA - they won't be here until saturday afternoon (so i do have plenty of time to get done what needs to be done - i just needed a list to cross off and my gcm support group :grin
so this is what i have to do:

clean upstairs bathrooms
pick up my room
fold and put away mount clean laundry in girls room (it is a glorified closet at this point :rolleyes )
find some organizational tool(s) that will work for dining area (homeschool and art stuff)
sweep and mop (sweep - a number of times... hopefully mop once)
clean a disgusting light fixture (missed when cleaning after drywall was done :/ )
straighten up desk
keep living room picked up
wash bedding for futon and spare bed
pick up downstairs
keep cat out of spare bedroom (which means convincing dh to keep door closed)

jobs for dh:
buy and put up rack for broom and mop in pantry
clean downstairs bathroom (he is in charge of litter when home :yes and that is what makes the mess in there :yes2 )
pick up his stuff in spare bedroom

other jobs i would like to have done:
clean out/organize my closet
start going through boxes/bins (that is truly the dread chore challenge :shiver
clean insides of windows on 2nd floor

MudPies
10-20-2008, 05:17 AM
when are they coming?? I would start with the girls room, washing the bedding they would use and :poke Dh for his stuff. the bathrooms, sweeping and mopping can be done last minute (and if you do them too early- they'll have to be done again!)

monkeylicious
10-20-2008, 05:44 AM
i have til saturday afternoon - i would have liked to get some bigger things done before now... but i am a procrastinating messie :blush

their bedding will wait til the end of the week (to minimize cat exposure after washing)
i think i'll start at the top and work down (3rd floor - our bedrooms and bathrooms 2nd floor is living, dining, kitchen - big open area and 1st is spare bedroom and "family room" including the futon) and then work on the bigger jobs - there are boxes and bins in another bedroom on 3rd and in a curtained off alcove in family room area

my mom actually said they were going to make sure (help) i went through some boxes/bins while they are here. we've only been here a year :blush but we may be moving again in the next few months and really need to get rid of stuff :yes

monkeylicious
10-21-2008, 08:22 AM
if something is this color it is ongoing and therefore not get crossed off
clean upstairs bathroomsstarted
pick up my room
fold and put away mount clean laundry in girls room (it is a glorified closet at this point :rolleyes )
find some organizational tool(s) that will work for dining area (homeschool and art stuff)
sweep and mop (sweep - a number of times... hopefully mop once)clean a disgusting light fixture (missed when cleaning after drywall was done :/ )
straighten up deskstarted
keep living room picked up
wash bedding for futon and spare bed
pick up downstairs
keep cat out of spare bedroom (which means convincing dh to keep door closed)

jobs for dh:
buy and put up rack for broom and mop in pantry
clean downstairs bathroom (he is in charge of litter when home :yes and that is what makes the mess in there :yes2 )
pick up his stuff in spare bedroom

other jobs i would like to have done:
clean out/organize my closet
start going through boxes/bins (that is truly the dread chore challenge :shiver
clean insides of windows on 2nd floor

i'll post just once/day and then edit that post