PDA

View Full Version : Can urine eat through wax on a hardwood floor? SOMETHING did...

poleidopy
10-16-2008, 03:07 PM
And we have a puppy that pees everywhere so it's easy to blame on him. There was a spot that looked like a spill or where som pee had dried so I went at it and the wax/floor sealant/whatever it is on the hardwoods just scraped rioght off in the area, doen to the wood. What do I do? What caused it> I know nothing about hardwoods other than I love them. What in the world!!!?? :hissyfit :(

Firebird Rising
10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
:hugheart

I don't know how to fix it, but it's very possible it's a pee spot.

I'm sorry.

Jen D.

AmyDoll
10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes - your floors are waxed? You can rewax them - it's called um... butchers wax I think? You should be able to buy it at Home Depot.

Iarwain
10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
My mother told me that to strip wax off a linoleum floor the thing to use is ammonia. Urine contains ammonia. :( Yeah, pee can do that if it's a wax finish.

ReedleBeetle
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
:yes2

HummusDip
10-16-2008, 09:10 PM
:hugheart

Yes you can rewax them.

Rabbit
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
My mother told me that to strip wax off a linoleum floor the thing to use is ammonia. Urine contains ammonia. :( Yeah, pee can do that if it's a wax finish.

:yes2 Saw a floor that had been soaked in pee by a flotilla of little boys. Peeled the carpet back off the hardwood floors, and discovered that the urine had eaten right through wood.

AmyDoll
10-17-2008, 01:39 PM
what you do is put the paste wax on - generously and rub and rub and rub and then buff. All with a soft cloth :) It's not the end of the world. We grew up with waxed floors & puppies that peed when the door bell rang. it was a weekly chore at our house to buff & wax the floors.

poleidopy
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
what you do is put the paste wax on - generously and rub and rub and rub and then buff. All with a soft cloth :) It's not the end of the world. We grew up with waxed floors & puppies that peed when the door bell rang. it was a weekly chore at our house to buff & wax the floors.

thank you!!! Is the wax expensive? And what's it called?

AmyDoll
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
:nak
It shouldn't be expensive. http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35-176-paste-waxes/butchers-paste-wax-144998.aspx

Like this :yes