PDA

View Full Version : My house smells like poopy

HomeWithMyBabies
10-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think I can do anything about it. We're surrounded by farmland and they've put the fertilizer out. :nosy For some reason, maybe the weather which is unseasonably warm, I can smell it inside the house as well as outside which really never happens. :sick I'm burning a candle and running my air purifier. Help?

KatieMae
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I grew up in the country & we had this problem occasionally too. :shrug Pray for a change in wind direction :hug2

JessicaTX
10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Try and think earthy instead of poopy? I know we get skunks around here and if I consciously think starbucks instead of skunk it makes it more bearable =D

HomeWithMyBabies
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
:giggle Thank you both. I will pray for wind and think about expensive coffee. :lol

jujubnme
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
:giggle Thank you both. I will pray for wind and think about expensive coffee. :lol

:giggle The junior high school I went to had a Sara Lee bakery in one direction and a sewage treatment plant in the other. It either smelled *really* good or *really* awful depending on which way the wind blew! Sorry I don't have any btdt advice for a home though. Maybe, on the bakery theme, a batch of chocolate chip cookies or baking bread would help. :think

HomeWithMyBabies
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
:giggle The junior high school I went to had a Sara Lee bakery in one direction and a sewage treatment plant in the other. It either smelled *really* good or *really* awful depending on which way the wind blew!

:laughtears

I once had to drive past a sewage treatment plant to get to work. It was on Applebutter Road. Horrible image!

I turned on the air since it was almost 80 degrees in here anyway! That seemed to help.