PDA

View Full Version : help me declutter...please

Lavender Lily
10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
1) 4 yrs ago I was a Medical assistant, I went to school for a year and worked it for a year also...before I had ds. I have a bin full of scrubs that I don't know when or if I will ever use again. I do hope to go back to school to further my education but even that I have no idea when that will be.
2) I have another bin full of lingerie (some stuff doesn't fit anymore :blush )that I don't have any room for in our home so it will have to sit the bin until I can wear it again. Some of the stuff I got as wedding gifts. :blush and others I bought on my own. Its not all sexy stuff, some are your regular comfy wear.

Both I have no idea what to do. Dh thinks I should keep both bins but I just keep thinking two thing 1) where am I going to put it in our home. 2) If I end up not bringing into our home, then what it just sits in our storage shed until I want to use something? :scratch :hunh
I mean I do have a maternity clothes bin. They sit in a bin until I get big enough in my pregnancy to wear. Then I bring it in, leave it in the bin and just grab what I need everyday. Then after the pregnancy is over or after the bay is born and all the smaller stuff doesn't fit anymore to where I can go back to my normal clothes....I put it back out again.
WWYD?

Singingmom
10-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Save your very favorites, and bless someone else with the rest. What you gain in space is so peaceful and worth so much. I don't think you'll be sorry if you have to buy new scrubs in a few years or some new pjs. :)

Lily
10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I completely agree! :heart

joyful mama
10-13-2008, 04:14 PM
:yes

Lavender Lily
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
:rockon thank you
I'll do it. I really hated the idea of using bins for something that most likely I wouldn't use in the near future.

JJsMom
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
:cheer You can do it! You'll probably want some new scurbs by the time you would use them again. I know this sounds silly, but I would think they would look sort of out of date. Think about if you had scrubs from the 80s and you wore them today. The styles don't change much but I think I'd be able to spot 80s colors. :shifty

Lavender Lily
10-14-2008, 05:15 AM
the hardest one to let o is my 'scooby-doo' top :cry
:giggle

JJsMom
10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Could you make something out of that one? Do you sew?

Lavender Lily
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Could you make something out of that one? Do you sew?

:think yup, good point let me figure that one out.

TraceMama
10-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I had the lingerie question too. :O

So, can you just donate it to the Salvation Army? :shrug I feel kind of awkward putting lacies in with other clothes, kwim? :O

Lavender Lily
10-15-2008, 06:29 AM
:scratch I guess. I have to keep them seperate too. Some of the stuff I like but honestly I couldn't fit into them unless I was past having anymore kids and went back to my normal healthy weight (30 lbs lighter from pre pregnancy weight). Since ds was born which is 2004, I've been either nursing or pregnant. So I guess they must all go.

TraceMama
10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Mine are far too small for me too. :blush After this baby is born, it would take me losing about 60 lbs. to fit into them. :blush While that's my plan, I think after that amount of weight loss, I'll just want to buy some new things! :yes