PDA

View Full Version : pot roast help.. pretty please..

milkmommy
10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I want to do a roast for tonight. DH has a game (band dirrector) so he'll be working late and I'd like to get in a good dinner before he goes. I have the roast veggies ect but I also have a package of Mc Cormick bag N season pot roast (yea lazy whatever ;)) but can I use this same mixture with out the bag in the crock pot? Our oven can not be relied on so the crock pot will be a ton easier.

Deanna

MamaPepper
10-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I don't know, but it sounds YUMMY!

Myrtle
10-11-2008, 09:07 AM
I would think so. The bag is just for the roasting in the oven, so it's not needed, and the seasonings would be the same either way, right? I mean, if you'd put the seasonings on the roast in the oven, you'd use the same ones in the same amounts in the crock pot. I think it'd be fine. :shrug

zak
10-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I would think so. I use our crock pot and usually just do cut veggies plus salt, pepper and fresh garlic. :)

milkmommy
10-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Okay well I started it I just mixed the seasons with enough water to cover and poured over the meat.. hopefull it wont be too much. I'll going to add some carrots and pearl onions the finial hour and do some mashed potatos with them...

Deanna

cheri
10-11-2008, 09:57 AM
It should be fine. The McCormick seasonings are just spices anyway.

Lily
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
That's the way I do it and the roast turns out fine every time. Our oven has a mind of it's own so I don't trust it will anything important.

milkmommy
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
That's the way I do it and the roast turns out fine every time. Our oven has a mind of it's own so I don't trust it will anything important.

YEa same here my oven been demoted to heating frozen pizza and even that I check every 2 mintues to prevent buring.

Deanna