PDA

View Full Version : Hey 5-minute challengers - Bonus Points!

KatieMae
10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I was thinking that I want to add a Bonus Points Challenge onto this idea. I, for one, am striving to minimize the amount of emergency help that my house needs on a daily basis by getting it into Maintenance Mode, one problem or area at a time :) So, this has got me thinking...

If you find yourself doing the same things everyday, I challenge you to figure out WHY. Just pick one thing. You don't need the hassle & stress that problem is causing :hug So what's the deal - Is it b/c you don't have a good routine established? Someone else in the house is being messy? Is it a recurring chore (thinking of laundry or dishes) that you just dislike & put off on purpose?

Whatever it is, I challenge you to face it head-on, think about the reasons it happens & then come up with a solution to start using NOW. We can cheer each other on or offer our experiences :tu

RealLifeMama
10-06-2008, 02:18 PM
:giggle

My posts almost always have "dishes" or "Kitchen" in them.

"did dishes" or
"worked in kitchen" is all I ever post!

Aisling
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Har! My biggest one right now is remembering that I have a very sensory oriented 2yo in the house, and re-learning how to lock things and toddler-proof things all over again. :phew :giggle

MamaPepper
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
My problem is that I pick up the living room daily. . . I suppose if I NEVER picked it up then the boys wouldn't be able to destroy it every day. . . and then it would be one less thing to do :shifty

:smile

KatieMae
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
My problem is that I pick up the living room daily. . . I suppose if I NEVER picked it up then the boys wouldn't be able to destroy it every day. . . and then it would be one less thing to do :shifty

:smile

Yes, I sort of think of toys as something beyond my housekeeping - We will always have toys out & so they always have to be picked up. L&L are finally getting back into the habit of picking up with me, thankfully, but usually I consider toys to be their own category of mess ;)

MamaPepper
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh, in that case. . . ???? I'll have to think of something better :giggle

KatieMae
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh, in that case. . . ???? I'll have to think of something better :giggle

No no, that's not what I meant :hug I don't think I completed my thought above (due to my three little roaming distractions ;) ) What I meant was, as a solution to this very valid problem :yes it might help to accept a certain amount of toy-mess during the day, just with designated clean-up times - maybe before lunch & dinner or just once before bedtime, something like that. Then you can put it out of your mind during the day to focus on other cleaning tasks rather than this, which is more an issue of tidying than cleaning, kwim?

MamaPepper
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
That makes total sense :-)