PDA

View Full Version : Organizing/ Storing Clothing w/ little storage space

ziggyplaid
10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Help me devise a plan! :) Our new baby will be here in less than 3 months and I need to clean out the closets to make room for his stuff!

We have three small closets and a coat closet. We use the three small closets for clothing we use now and the coat closet I use for all out of season clothing/clothing to save. I'm running out of room!

I have lots of clothing to consign, but they are the wrong season. I hate to just give them all away b/c they are good clothes! I just need to figure out a good way to store everything. Any ideas that have worked for you?

Thanks!
:)

SouthPaw
10-03-2008, 07:15 PM
are you using all the space (going up w/shelves)? we have rubbermaids stacked in our hall closet and also keep out of season kids clothes in labeled diaper boxes on shelves. how many are you keeping for them? i generally don't have more than 2 regular sized drawers per child per season, and it works just fine. :think

247mom
10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Have you thought of getting those space bags where you suck all the air out so they're compact? I would put them it those and from there stick them in a tote and put them in the garage maybe. They're supposed to be air and moisture tight.

AmyDoll
10-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I use under the bed boxes :)

ziggyplaid
10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
All good ideas :) I had forgotten about those space saver bags. That might work! And the underbed boxes...I'll just need to clean out from under my bed!