PDA

View Full Version : Very unhappy cat... unavoidable lack of human time

Johns_Gal
09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
My poor Louie. He turned four in June, and all this time has been John's cat. Oh, I'll do in a pinch (and that bowl had better be full or he will scream at me until it is, lol) but he is pretty bonded to DH. When we first met the little terror at his breeder's house, DH took one look at him and was hooked. In short, they are buddies.

But, DH is working so much lately, and when he is home he's so busy helping with baby prep, that the cat is a bit neglected. Sure, he has feline companions, but he misses his human. He's begun to really act out about it too, banging on doors that separate him from DH, howling at night, getting into things he KNOWS he shouldn't. Poor thing, last night DH got home and decided to make a sandwich in the off-limits-to-pets kitchen and Lou just CRIED when he walked past him with just a quick ear scratch. He looked at me and rocketed into my arms and tucked his head under my chin and downright whimpered. A big spotty tomcat, whimpering. :cry He is no longer allowed to sleep in our room (he took to peeing on us in the early hours), so a few minutes in John's lap eah day is all he gets. See, this cat USED to go places with us like a dog; he'd wear his harness and either walk or ride DH's shoulder, chirping and purring the whole time.

I don't know what to do. I just know he is so sad and I can't help the poor guy.

Amber
09-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Poor kitty :hug Do you think he would curl up with a t-shirt that your dh had worn and had his scent on it?

Rabbit
09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
How's he doing?

pastelsummer
09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
:hugheart poor baby