PDA

View Full Version : Homemade brownies??

Codi
08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I would love a recipe for some brownies made from scratch that I could also make organic. :)

Anyone wanna share?!

Mollycurls
08-29-2008, 05:34 PM
This is the recipe I use:

1/2 cup butter or oil
1 cup white sugar (organic cane sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I use a flour from a local company that is organic, whole and unbleached)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Melt the butter in a pot. If using oil skip this step. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Next stir in the flour, salt and baking powder. Pour into an 8x8 pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.

These are a dense brownie and not cake like. They are divine!!

You can ice them with a chocolate icing. I like to add chocolate chips to the batter to kick up the chocolate even more :grin

Hope that helps! :)

Codi
08-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds great! And I love that they are "dense" brownies and not cake like!!!!! My favorite kind!!!!! (I don't like cake like brownies....personally. :shifty )

Naked Camper
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the recipe on the domata living flour (http://www.domatalivingflour.com) page. Its under the recipe tab. I have made these with wheat flour and they were fantastic! :tu

Codi
08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I like the recipe on the domata living flour (http://www.domatalivingflour.com) page. Its under the recipe tab. I have made these with wheat flour and they were fantastic! :tu

Ohh...I love when I can see pics of the recipe first too...those look wonderful!!!

THANKS!

Marzipan
08-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Mollycurls,

My dh made your brownies for me tonight. Holy cow! Those were tasty, thanks!

Codi
08-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Mollycurls,

My dh made your brownies for me tonight. Holy cow! Those were tasty, thanks!

Good to know!!!

:tu

emmalouise
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Mmm, I love dense brownies too. Can't wait to try that recipe!

Soliloquy
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
SonshineMama was just telling me about a brownie recipe that she converted to TF. I've been wanting to try it (brownies are a HUGE weakness for me) so I'll ask her to share!

Mollycurls
08-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Glad you liked them Marzipan :rockon

tempus vernum
08-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Sorry Lisa, I keep forgetting to send it to you

Chocolate NT brownies
1 1/2 C sugar (I use dehydrated cane juice ;) )
3/4 C butter or coconut oil (I use coconut oil)
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 C ww pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 C buttermilk or kefir (I use buttermilk)

Combine flour and buttermilk or kefir. Soak 8 to 12 hours

To the flour add baking soda and powder. Set aside

Heat sugar, butter or oil and cocoa in large sauce pan on medium heat until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add eggs and vanilla, beat lightly just till combined.

Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture a little at a time, beating carefully until well mixed.

Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan or 15x10x1 pan.

Bake at 325 (glass) or 350 (stoneware) for 20 minutes. It takes longer than this - check every few minutes until done. Toothpick inserted in should come out with chocolate on it that is clumpy not wet. Do not overcook. It's better mushy ;)

Let cool on wire wrack.

Be careful, these will not last long :yum

pastelsummer
08-30-2008, 02:18 PM
oooh these sound nummy gotta try them

Punkie
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
These are the ones we use - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Brownies/Detail.aspx

crunchymum
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
i don't have a recipe handy, but my 2 tips for brownies are: 1)slightly under cook them for more fudgy-like brownies and 2) don't mix nuts in the batter. they will steam and get soft. sprinkle them on top before they go into the oven and they get nice and toasty, not soggy.

recipes that use melted baking chocolate are my favorites. :yes i'll try to dig up the recipe i use...

mmmm, brownies.... :yum

Codi
10-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Great tips! THanks!