PDA

View Full Version : banana filled cakes?

Lavender Lily
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't know if anyone remembered this but way back then, when I was a child (around 1980's) there used to be this dessert pack that you would buy at the store. It had two small sized cakes that in the middle had a banana filling inside. The bread was shaped like a cup or bowl with the filling in the middle, I don't know if this makes sense. The cake part almost had a chocolate taste to it but not quite, it was brown.
Anyways, I have been forever craving these things. I haven't come across anything that tastes like this. And I have no idea where I can find a recipe that matches this. I crave these things even more when pregnant which is silly since the last time I had one was when I was 7 y/o.
SO if anyone has an idea please let me know. :P~

:cry apperantly there are others like me who miss these cakes. I found out they are called "banana dream cakes" by Hostess. They came out in the 70's and vanished off the face of this earth in the mid 80's when I had my last one. :cry It truly feels like a dream.

Lavender Lily
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't know if anyone remembered this but way back then, when I was a child (around 1980's) there used to be this dessert pack that you would buy at the store. It had two small sized cakes that in the middle had a banana filling inside. The bread was shaped like a cup or bowl with the filling in the middle, I don't know if this makes sense. The cake part almost had a chocolate taste to it but not quite, it was brown.
Anyways, I have been forever craving these things. I haven't come across anything that tastes like this. And I have no idea where I can find a recipe that matches this. I crave these things even more when pregnant which is silly since the last time I had one was when I was 7 y/o.
SO if anyone has an idea please let me know. :P~

:cry apperantly there are others like me who miss these cakes. I found out they are called "banana dream cakes" by Hostess. They came out in the 70's and vanished off the face of this earth in the mid 80's when I had my last one. :cry It truly feels like a dream.

Jenjardin
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
They sound really yummy.

Jenjardin
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
They sound really yummy.