PDA

View Full Version : I just rediscovered...

Piper2
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
...pineapple sandwiches! :) When I was growing up, they were a staple in our house, especially for summer lunches. I've been having sandwiches for lunch lately, but I was having peanut butter, and then tried some potted meat because it was cheap. Then when we were having VBS a couple of weeks ago and I'd bought pineapple for one of the snacks, I suddenly remembered having sandwiches with it, so when I bought groceries last week, I got a regular-sized can of crushed pineapple, which will do me for several days (I emptied it into a plastic container after I opened it and put it in the fridge).

I don't know how beneficial it is health-wise (especially since I do put a tiny bit of mayo on my bread), but I figure it's got to be better in the fat, sodium and calorie department than the pb or potted meat (which tastes basically like ground-up vienna sausage) or bologna. :shrug

Plus it's so good! :yum

blessedwithboys
06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Okay, I'm intrigued! Recipe?

Marielle
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
hubby does this too but with bananas - mayo on sliced bread then bananas. Definitely um, different. He's from GA by the way, are you too?

Piper2
06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
No recipe. Just put a thin layer of mayo on bread (you could probably leave this out) and then cover one piece of bread with crushed pineapple. Slap the other piece of bread on top and eat! :)

Piper2
06-19-2008, 06:11 PM
hubby does this too but with bananas - mayo on sliced bread then bananas. Definitely um, different. He's from GA by the way, are you too?

Gee, how'd you guess? ;)

My dad eats banana and pineapple sandwiches, too.