PDA

View Full Version : SFG peas and beans...

TrinMama
06-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Do you stake them and give them something to grab onto?

Punkie
06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Mine say that they don't need to be trellised, but they were grabbing onto my tomato plants, so I made my own little trellis. I took some tall sticks/branches, and made kind of a teepee with 4 of them and then I tied natural yarn at the top to hold them together. Then I tied some more yarn horizontally every 6 inches or so (going around the perimeter of the branches). Then I tied some vertically to fill it in and make squares.

I think it looks really cool, and it fits well in the squares (my peas are in two squares). It looks very natural.

You could just stick a plain one in there too though. I'm just weird. :P~

TrinMama
06-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Trellis, that's the word I was wanting. LOL.

Cool idea, I think I'll try it.

Hermana Linda
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
:yes The handmade wigwam is popular. I saw it in a book and really liked it. :rockon

mollobe
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
:yes Mine love climbing my trellis...I got a folding wire trellis that can either be zig-zagged or made into a triangle for about $4 from Lowes. It's called a tomato trellis I think. I have my peas and green beans next to each other in my sfg so they share the same triangled trellis. :)

Punkie
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I have one of those tomato trellis too. I have it zig zagged between my tomatoes. I think I'm going to buy another one for my squash.