PDA

View Full Version : cool website

milkmommy
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't know if its been mentioned here before but it was reccomended to me and I'm really enjoying it.
http://www.healthygrocerylist.com/RecipeSubCategoryDisplay?RECIPECATEGORYID=14 you can select diffrent meal catagories such as diabetic or low carb ect and then recipies with in those including ones with very few ingredients and it will make up a groccery list. You can adjust for portion size ect. I do this then pare down the list to fit my needs like it will say so much 1% milk and so much 2% ect umm I can make it all with the same gallon or it will say X amount of chicken breast X amount of thighs ect and I can decide to use the darker meat only as it more affordable or exiting out unnecessary ingredients like a recipie called for asperagus we ALL HATE asperagus :shifty then I see what I already have and make a finial list. I wa able to get ALL the ingredients for a full weeks of meals with things like Chili lime Chicken or tortillia chicken and veggies wraps french toast homemade oatmeal blends a few desserts ect with a vey affordable groccey list under $60 including about 1/3 of the list that can be used more over time (some spices frozen bags of veggies ect that will yield more than one recpie) :rockon

Deanna

MtnMama
05-29-2008, 07:23 PM
That's pretty awesome! I was thinking that you could use the weekly flyers to search for recipes to take advantage of the sales. :thumbsup

milkmommy
05-29-2008, 07:30 PM
That's pretty awesome! I was thinking that you could use the weekly flyers to search for recipes to take advantage of the sales. :thumbsup

Ohhh another good idea..

Deanna