PDA

View Full Version : Nursing and folding clothes

MotherSong
05-27-2008, 08:10 PM
It's so hard to nurse and fold clothes at the same time! DD is teething a lot. Lots of crying. Lots of nursing. Lots of needing to be held and walked around and given fingers and toys to chew on.

Not going well with the laundry putting-away. Help--ideas? Is there a trick to this? Should we just live in dirty clothes for a while?

Thanks!

MarynMunchkins
05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Stop folding. :shrug We've lived out of baskets more than once. ;)

I have found that hanging most things goes faster and then they can't be unfolded. And even little ones can help put things on hangers and/or hang them up. :)

Ima LeShalosh
05-28-2008, 08:52 PM
DH and I have a great system...I sort, stain treat, wash and put in the drier (all things I can do one handed) and he folds and puts away :yes

also....

I sell Amber teething necklaces that might help with the teething issues ;)

MotherSong
05-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks for permission to take a day off. The teething is progressing. :)

AND... you are so blessed to have a husband willing to fold and put away. I have had help from DH during really stressful periods...but he usually washes when he feels really overwhelmed, and then leaves me piles and piles of baskets to fold and put away. We've had to revise that system, and more recently he's just left the laundry dirty when I get behind...or folded a basket or two (what a gift!!!)

I'll take a look at the teething necklaces--thanks!

Forsynthianicki
05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Do you have a sling? Being able to sling Ds during fussy periods really helped me get things done. He felt snuggled and comforted and I felt like I got a break too. Other than that I second the previous post- live out of laundry baskets for a while, teething only last a short time in the long run.