PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to jump on the cleaning wagon with me?

Forsynthianicki
05-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Because of the Holiday, today is like a Monday for me. I have to get a few things done for work this afternoon, so I have until approx. noon to put the house back together. Here is my list for this morning.

1. Ds's toys didn't get put away last night and are scattered from the kitchen through the living room- need to help him with that.
2. Dh cleaned off the bookshelves yesterday and left a pile of books and stuff on the couch.
3. Laundry 2 loads, washed/dry/put away + the two baskets from this weekend that still need to be folded and put away.
4. The normal:unload the dishwasher, breakfast dishes, clean off kitchen table.
5. Bags of stuff to car to drop off at Salvation Army while I'm out and about this afternoon.

Want to jump on the cleaning wagon with me? Post your list and we'll see how we do today. Happy cleaning

LadybugSam
05-27-2008, 09:04 AM
I need this! Hubby was nice enough last night to help me with a general clean up (toys, trash, clothes) But I need to get some actual cleaning done, dishes, vaccum, bathrom, (because monday is usually my cleaning day) and then i have to fold and put away ll 4 baskets of clean laundry :duck And then my project for today (which is seeming SO far away and hopeless at the moment) is to get out all of Caleb's outgrown clothes and photograph them so i could sell them.

DoulaClara
05-27-2008, 09:07 AM
A good way to keep me accountable! We're back from a long weekend in NY, so here's my list:

- shopping for some essentials
- put away clothing
- store luggage
- clear kitchen counter tops of all misc. things
- pick up eggs from farm up the street
- freeze rhubarb from CSA and MIL

I did it!

Forsynthianicki
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Sam and Clara thanks for posting your lists and keeping me accountable. Check back and let me know how you are doing. Heres a run down from me: Toys are put away with the exception of some action figures which came out later. Books are taken care of but there are still a few misc. things I need to find homes for or get rid of. Second load of laundry is in the wash and towels are in the dryer. One and a half of two basketfuls of laundry folded and put away although I did find another basketful waiting for me in the dryer I'll have to get to that this afternoon when I get home. The normal stuff: taken care of. Box and bag of donations waiting to go with me. :phew

Niphredil
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm late, but here's what I've got today:

Kitchen - scoured
Bathroom - scoured
LR/DR - pick up/sweep/dust
Fold Laundry
Diapers - wash/dry/stuff/put away
One more load - wash/dry/put away
Water garden

LadybugSam
05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
OK so i cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen counters :mrgreen

I started on my "project" first :doh and so all the pictures are taken. Tommorow i will finish them and put them online to sell (feels good getting rid of clutter). I have other things that need to get done first.

OK so the rest of my list is:

vacuum
put away clean clothes
clear kitchen table

and if i'm good, maybe start diner :shifty

Forsynthianicki
05-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Well it's the end of my day :yawn I got it all done except those last few things on the couch. Lindsay, glad you joined us. Reading your post reminded me that I better take 5 min and start a load of diapers before I go to bed. Yea Clara for getting your list all the way done :clap Glad you got your pictures done Sam, I always feel good unloading some of the clutter too.

LadybugSam
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
:phew I did everything but vaccum yesterday (well i vaccumed under the couch, but that was more of a spot cleaning thing.)

I feel like i got a lot accomplished but it doesn't look like it. Somebody at work gave hubby lots of clothes and he was sorting them last night so they're all over the livingroom :doh