PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen in love

ArmsOfLove
05-25-2008, 06:31 PM
with a vacuum cleaner :jawdrop

I like the Big Green Complete I got a few months ago but I really think it's best for floors different from mine--mostly tile and carpet. And so not having the most ideal floors for the machine AND it needing water in it all the time, and it's pretty big so the quick clean up is just not working in my tiny space . . . I finally splurged.

I went to a Super Vacuum store and talked to them about real wood floors and area rugs; about how to clean them really well. It's part of my "going to the real experts with questions" phase of my life . . .

and I now own a Sebo (http://www.bestvacuum.com/sebo-felix-onyx.html) :jawdrop

It's hospital grade; it's amazing; it has a head for rugs and one for wood floors and both pop off to make it a hand held canister vac :rockon

I got it for less than the one on the link AND because I was stressing over what I did pay for it they threw in a box of 10 bags AND Bona starter kit (http://www.florstor.com/floor-specials/bona-featured.htm?source=bona-lp)

I am someone who even if the entire house is clean if the floors aren't amazing I feel like the house is dirty; if the floors are amazing then I can handle the other clutter

and now I'm loving my home :heart

mama-hobbit
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
:rockon

rosesnsnails
05-25-2008, 06:58 PM
:think Interesting. I've never heard of those.

ArmsOfLove
05-25-2008, 07:06 PM
supposedly they are the ones used in Washington during anthrax scares :shifty so if anyone has an anthrax issue I can come vacuum for you :grin

MarynMunchkins
05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
You can come vacuum for me without the anthrax if you want. ;)

Those look cool! :tu

ArmsOfLove
05-25-2008, 07:13 PM
well I almost got the maroon and ivory one with a plaid design but I figured if I got the one that looks like a robot the boys would be more inclined to use it :rockon

cobluegirl
05-25-2008, 09:16 PM
cool!!!

did you used to have a Dyson?

ThreeKids
05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Where's a Super Vacuum store?

Ds would love to visit one.

ArmsOfLove
05-26-2008, 09:46 AM
the one I went to was on 43rd Ave and Bell in the SW corner of the Fry's parking lot :rockon

and I never had a Dyson--I have friends who love theirs and I've used it and the SV store sells them, but they said this is the best engineered and they have the least issues with these over any of the others. In the end I paid the same as the pet version of the Dyson and they threw the other stuff in so :shrug And it has the ball technology but it's much smaller and just maneuvers everywhere :rockon

cobluegirl
05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
hehe..I think I remembered a thread about dyson..LOL the vacuum guy that fixed ours disliked the dyson..hehe

ArmsOfLove
05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
yeah, it seems for every 8 people who LOVE their dyson there are 1 or 2 who have horrible experiences :shrug

I narrowed it down to two vacuums and the other was a fantastic deal and great price and then I asked the saleguy very honestly which one he would buy. He said the Sebo and then I asked WHY? He said it's because they both do everything I needed but the Sebo does it better and they just don't see the Sebo's in on repairs :shrug He said it's better made and would, with proper maintenance, last me at least 10 years. Then he threw in the other stuff and I was sold :grin