PDA

View Full Version : And now to get up and at it!

RiverRock
05-20-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't know where my morning has gone. I'm sitting here reading all kinds of motivating post but once I get up from the computer I forget what I'm doing and end up back in this chair again :shrug. So from now on, when I find myself back in this seat I will type down a few things to do and not return until they are done.

11:42-- I will vaccuum/tidy upstairs and then unload the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen. While I am in the kitchen I will make a small pot of coffee and enjoy a cup while dusting blind in the master bedroom and bath. So there it is, my plan with a built-in reward. Ready. Set. Go!

WI Mama05
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
:cup and now you have me feeling motivated to go finish the kitchen! :P~ I'm totally lacking motivation today!

Forsynthianicki
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm lacking in the motivation department today too. Today is one of the days that I work from home, which means I'm supposed to be getting work done in and amongst my housekeeping chores. Thanks for the inspiration. Here is my list- clean off hotspots- kitchen table and couch, clean up lunch dishes, clean off top of piano (when did this become a hotspot?!). Ready set go...no computer time until it's done.

RiverRock
05-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow! :heart How nice to come back and to be encouraged! I made myself an Americano and a little snack. I've been at it for 3.5 hrs. I have vacuumed and tidied the kitchen, I also have put through 3 loads of laundry because I decided to strip the beds as I tidied. I thought maybe I would let myself be done for the day since my baby was sleeping next to my bedroom and I didn't want to wake him...but since I started this post he has awakened and is now playing with his siblings. I have no excuse but to dust my bedroom and wipe down the blinds. My definition of dusting is to use a damp cloth and wipe down all surfaces so I need to gear myself up for this. Ready. Set. ( finish my coffee, then) Go! Oh...it was hard to type that exclamation mark because I'm not feeling much enthusiasm. :shifty Once I actually finish my coffee I should feel energized!

Kim and Forsynthianicki, I hope you both check in with your accomplishments! :poke

Forsynthianicki
05-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I didn't get a chance to get back to the computer until midnight. The embarassing thing is that I didn't even get *everything* done, pretty close though, a few things left on the couch. I cleaned for a little over an hour and then had to leave for an afternoon meeting. A friend called before my DH and I had even left the meeting and ask us to come and help with his air conditioner. By the time we got home, did bedtime, and I finished up some things I had to do for work it was nearly midnight, but shouldn't take long to wrap up the loose ends this morning. Thanks again for the inspiration River Rock, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done if I hadn't followed your example and temporarily banned myself from the computer :)

RiverRock
05-21-2008, 10:23 AM
:cup and now you have me feeling motivated to go finish the kitchen! :P~ I'm totally lacking motivation today!

I'm not sure how your kitchen cleaning went yesterday, but I know that here's nothing like seeing a mouse in the pantry to motivate me to clean it. :sick I'm taking a little coffee/GCM break before going back to finish. In a way it's good because I have so many Modular Mates (Tupperware) that are sitting empty instead of being put to use to organize my pantry better. So far the teeny mouse appears to be alone and the damage is minimal, which I am grateful for. So my plan for the morning is to finish the pantry and declutter some in there, then to make my meal plan and a list of errands for this afternoon (if I don't make a list I think I might just wander aimlessly), and then while baby naps after lunch I will tidy the garage a bit, vacuum the car, and then load the pile of stuff for the thrift store into the car (now I just need to remember to put that stop on my afternoon list of things to do).

Don't feel bad about not getting everything done, Forsynthiannicki...I never did get to my blinds. I was surprised, however, that the kids' evening routine went so smoothly and I was able to recover from the mess of a drizzly weiner roast with ease. I washed shoes, a couple of lawn chairs and did a load of laundry after bathing the kids without any resentment. Overall my attitude towards housekeeping was great.