PDA

View Full Version : show me your sfg layout!

NovelMama
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
we're gonna start a garden! well, prolly won't plant this year, just get the side yard sorted out and our sfg boxes built. we're looking for layout ideas, though, so if you'd be willing to share, i'd love to see some pics. :)

Psyche
05-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Are you wanting pictures of multiple SFG? Or how the veggies line up in the garden?

NovelMama
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Oops, sorry--guess I wasn't very clear about what I was hoping for. :) I want to see what folks have done in terms of the layout of the actual boxes. For example, do you just have a bunch of 4 x 4's lined up in your backyard, or do you have mostly border boxes lining a fence, or just one box in the middle of your deck? We're trying to come up with ways to organize our boxes in our sideyard, so I was hoping to see how other people have organized their yard space (or deck space, or wherever it is you have your garden). We're hoping to make the sideyard sort of like another room of the house, with seating and a table and maybe a fountain, so we're trying to determine the best way to arrange things.

Does that make more sense?

BHope
05-19-2008, 04:40 AM
I have some pictures of our little square foot garden that I can share a little later today.

CJ
05-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I have 2 4x4s 2 2x4s and 1 8x2. I've been meaning to take a photo of them now that they are pretty much planted. I'll try to do it and post the photo tomorrow.

tempus vernum
05-27-2008, 04:00 AM
I don't have pictures handy but used to have 2 long slender boxes with boards dividing them up. One was 4 x 20 and it had 4 sections 4x4 of each. One was 3 x 20 and had 4 sections of 3 x 4 each :) We built raised beds before we discovered sfg BUT I have recently heard that if you keep it to 3 feet wide and can walk all the way around it, you could do as long as you want without a problem :shrug

I feel it's everyone's own prefernce ;)

Katydid
05-27-2008, 04:53 AM
:popcorn