PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Store Your Bras?

chelsea
05-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok, so I seem to have developed quiet a collection of bras. I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks on how to store them. If I put them in a drawer, they get flattened. But I can't hang them or it would be a waste of my limited closet space. :sigh Most of them are underwire and have a little padding (so they need to keep their shape and can't be smushed.)
Fabulous ideas, anyone? :popcorn

Yuliana
05-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Mine are in a drawer, folded w/ one cup inside the other so they don't go flat :shrug

milkmommy
05-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm jealous :P~ Since I need such special sizing bras are soooo expensive I have two and its beccause of my moms generousity I have two.. The spare though I keep like yasmel said.

Deanna

Lady TS
05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
You need one of these:
http://www.bra-g.com/products.asp :giggle :shifty

Blue-EyedLady
05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Mine are in a drawer, folded w/ one cup inside the other so they don't go flat :shrug

I do the same, only I use a box (you could use a shoebox). The width of the box is about the same as the height of the bra from the band to the top of the cup. Once I fold them inside each other, I stack them on edge in the box nested inside each other. Picture how you do your spoons, only put them on edge instead of laying down. That way I can fit a bunch in the drawer, see them all at once, and each bra helps to keep the shape of the rest.

chelsea
05-18-2008, 05:40 PM
You need one of these:
http://www.bra-g.com/products.asp :giggle :shifty

Lol. Is that bag supposed to make it so that no one knows you are carrying bras inside? If so, they failed miserably! :lol

Lady TS
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Actually, I think it's so that they don't get crushed in your suitcase. ;)

chelsea
05-18-2008, 07:10 PM

Oooooooooh, I see! :giggle I pictured myself strolling through the airport with one of those! :lol

crunchymum
05-18-2008, 10:33 PM

Oooooooooh, I see! :giggle I pictured myself strolling through the airport with one of those! :lol

:lol

i have a cheap target bin ( the kind with holes in it) in my drawer and have my bras nestled back to front, if that makes sense.

Living My Dream
05-19-2008, 01:31 AM
That bra(g) is sooooooooo funny!

I like the shoe box idea!

chelsea
05-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Ok, so a drawer it is, with each bra nestled into the one in front of it, and the one behind it. ;) I have so many I would probably fill several drawers :shifty , but I am going to rearrange things in my closet to try and fit everything nicely. Right now there are bras everywhere, with none to be found, ya know? :rolleyes2

Forsynthianicki
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow you guys are good :yes. My bras get thrown in the top drawer with my underwear and socks just wherever they land getting twisted up and crushed in the search for things each morning :blush. I'll be reading...maybe i'll get inspired.

Blue-EyedLady
05-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow you guys are good :yes. My bras get thrown in the top drawer with my underwear and socks just wherever they land getting twisted up and crushed in the search for things each morning :blush. I'll be reading...maybe i'll get inspired.

I found that organized drawers helped me fit more stuff into the drawer - a huge plus for us since we have a tiny house, and way too much stuff! I have old-fashioned dressers, and there's a lot of vertical space in the drawers. If I put clothes on edge, I can take advantage of that space without burying anything too deep in the drawer. But to put the clothes on edge, you need a box or divider to support them so they don't fall over. DH moved in with me after we got married, and I reorganized everything using this method. I managed to empty out 1.5 drawers in one of the dressers to make room for some of his clothes. Vertical space is the key - use it or lose it!