PDA

View Full Version : Backyards

Benjaminswife
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
In 2 weeks we will be getting our first very backyard :)

What do you have in your backyard? What toys are there? Do you have a bbq?

Amber
05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
We have a BBQ, swing, ride on toys, little tykes climber/slide, kids picnic table and a few lawn chairs...oh, and a shed that holds all our lawn care stuff.

KatieMae
05-15-2008, 05:00 AM
When we moved into our 1st house, we bought a swing set for the kids (they're still little, so it's a pretty basic thing - 2 swings, swinging bench thing, slide & seesaw) We eventually bought a gas bbq grill too. Mostly we buy lots of small things b/c they lose interest in the big stuff pretty quickly - so we've got all sizes/kinds of balls, trikes & ride-on toys, buckets & shovels for dirt-diggin' and lots of bubble-makers and sidewalk chalk for the driveway.

I plan to add 1. A compost bin, 2. A BIG sandbox (like the awesome 6'-square ones with the canvas cover), and 3. A place for me to sit in the shade while they play.

Kiera
05-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Hmm well our backyard is a little different because we have two pygmy goats.. but they are old and so it is getting easier to clean up after them. Anyways... we have a swing set, a merry-go-round, a trampoline (it's a low to the ground one but big), badmitton equipment, sandbox (though I need to get new sand), one of those fisher-price climbing structures with slides, though we bought two and put them together, buckets and shovels, balls, and I just put up a swimming pool for them today. I got some $5 of those folding camping chairs to put out there so if they get wet from the swimming pool they won't get ruined.

ThreeKids
05-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Some raised garden boxes, a wood pile along the back fence, clotheslines with an ivy trellis on one end, fancy swingset with a border and playground mulch, plastic slide/playhouse, big tool shed, a few bushes under a window, patio, basic table and chair patio furniture, bbq, sand/water table, empty sandbox that keeps getting filled with water.

MIL seems to think I am getting quotes for an awning and privacy fence and patio furniture that she will pay for. I keep telling her that I'm not, but she keeps asking me for updates.

AdrienneQW
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
We have a square of grass (maybe 25'x25'?) and a verrrrrrrrrry long cement driveway. We don't have any permanent stuff in our backyard; we drag things in and out of the garage as needed. With the 100 degree weather today, our grass is currently housing the inflatable pool, the jumper, the inflatable water slide, a shade canopy, and six lounge chairs. :giggle