PDA

View Full Version : recommend home sites. like, painting, DIY stuff, space saving tips, etc. PLEASE?

poleidopy
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I think we're buying the house. It has teeny closets and only like 3. And the walls are an icky color, so we will paint them (they are like, cantaloupish/tannish.) anyway, where can I get good space-saving tips, painting tips (like faux finishes and how to make rooms look bigger/work with colors/etc) and if anyone knows where to get cheap shelves...I'm all ears. THANKS!!!!!! (ETA- don't say IKEA - we don't have one near us and I am SOOO super bummed about it. :shifty :giggle )

allisonintx
05-14-2008, 03:47 PM
the shelving at Target is just as cheap as IKEA and is made exactly the same way, fwiw.

blessedwithboys
05-14-2008, 03:48 PM
REALLY cheap shelves = buy metal brackets (very cheap) at the hardware store, and find some boards (people often have leftovers or you can buy them) paint them, have dh cut them to size and mount them on the brackets on the walls.

poleidopy
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
REALLY cheap shelves = buy metal brackets (very cheap) at the hardware store, and find some boards (people often have leftovers or you can buy them) paint them, have dh cut them to size and mount them on the brackets on the walls.

Oh, I forgot about that! We've had to do that before. Yes, we might do that until we can afford better ones. But when we can get the better ones, we can check out Target. :yes (ANd no, Allison, I didn't know that. Cool!)