PDA

View Full Version : Quick! What can I make with ground turkey??

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm so tired of our recipes! I need some ideas quickly please!! :)

Granola_mom
05-09-2008, 04:57 PM
turkey burgers
turkey meat sauce and spaghetti
sloppy joes..with turkey instead of beef.....(cook turkey and add ketchup and mustard....aka the sloppy joe turkey)
-----------------
basically anything you would use beef in, substitute with turkey....we use it all the time

Meatloaf...(add a little oil to combat turkeys' dryness)
turkey taco's
---------um that's all I can think of right now.... hope it helps... :)

AmyDoll
05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
tacos :)
lasagna
vegetable soup

RealLifeMama
05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=170222.0

Maybe you can find something you like in this thread.

Dandelion
05-09-2008, 06:17 PM
My family loves the southwest turkey burgers that I make...I don't have the recipe in front of me, but I think it is 1.5lbs turkey, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/2 cup mex cheese, 2 Tablespoons mayo, 1/4 cup bread crumbs and some salt and pepper , mix, form and grill :) yum yum

klpmommy
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I got a really good recipe from Liz for turkey & rice chili. :yum If you are interested I can find the recipe, I think I still have the PM

happyhousewife
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
we love turkey tacos!! :heart

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
turkey burgers
turkey meat sauce and spaghetti
sloppy joes..with turkey instead of beef.....(cook turkey and add ketchup and mustard....aka the sloppy joe turkey)
-----------------
basically anything you would use beef in, substitute with turkey....we use it all the time

Meatloaf...(add a little oil to combat turkeys' dryness)
turkey taco's
---------um that's all I can think of right now.... hope it helps... :)

We always do turkey tacos and turkey spaghetti. But turkey burgers, good idea! And sloppy joes, I love that idea. I haven't had those since I was a kid (but the beef kind). So how much ketchup and musturd do I add? And that's all?

My dh doesn't like meatloaf unfortunately because I do!

Thanks!

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
tacos :)
lasagna
vegetable soup

We always do tacos, my dh doesn't like lasagna but vegetable soup is a great idea! I never make vegetable soup. Do you add noodles to that?

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=170222.0

Maybe you can find something you like in this thread.

Thank you!

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
My family loves the southwest turkey burgers that I make...I don't have the recipe in front of me, but I think it is 1.5lbs turkey, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/2 cup mex cheese, 2 Tablespoons mayo, 1/4 cup bread crumbs and some salt and pepper , mix, form and grill :) yum yum

:yum :yum :yum

I can't even express how DELICIOUS this sounds! THIS is what I'm making tomorrow!!!

My family was getting impatient so I had to whip up canned ravioli and top ramen for dinner but tomorrow night I'll use the turkey. :rockon

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I got a really good recipe from Liz for turkey & rice chili. :yum If you are interested I can find the recipe, I think I still have the PM

Heck yeah, that sounds great too! Please!

HummusDip
05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
we love turkey tacos!! :heart

Oh my goodness, us too. I'm a taco LOVER. We just had them 2 nights ago, 2 nights in a row. LOL

klpmommy
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
1 lb ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can RoTel
1 can chili beans
1 onion, diced (& optional bell pepper)
1 bag frozen corn
1 cup rice

Brown the turkey & onion (bell pepper optional). Add the cans of tomatoes, RoTel, and chili beans and the bag (or can, I suppose) of corn. Bring to a boil. We use instant rice, so we add the rice directly to the pot, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the rice is soft. If you use regular rice, cook it separately while you cook everything else and stir it in at the end and it will be done.

this is from nebraskanmom. It is quite :yum