PDA

View Full Version : Let the cleaning commence! I've done it!

LittleSweetPeas
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
So I decided we need to get totally organized and clutter free around here. There is no reason such a young family should have so much stuff inside and in the garage. Crazy! I am reading the book "Too Much Stuff" by the guy from Clean Sweep and it helped me get off my bootie to get this done.

So I started with the girls' room and my master bedroom. Two kitchen sized bags of garbage and three bags of donations! The playroom/homeschool/craft room had about one bag of garbage and half a bag of donations (I keep that pretty minimal). I've gone through half the cupboards. I need DH to tackle his room and me to tackle the baby's room and then ONTO THE GARAGE! EEK! :giggle DH is burning all our videos to DVD so I can put them into a binder an I burned all the girls' CDs onto ITunes so I can dump the scratched ones and put the rest in their binder.

I'm so excited. Once we get this done we can do all the fun stuff--paint, build and decorate!

WI Mama05
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
:tu I've been doing this in layers myself and just lately decided to go all gung ho on the junk around here :giggle! I cannot believe we have so much STUFF! It makes it so hard to keep things picked up and clean. I can't wait until I get everything cleaned out! :heart

Good luck! :yes

Aisling
05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
:highfive :cheer That's awesome! Keep us updated, so we can cheer you on! :heart

Forsynthianicki
05-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you are doing great! :clap

TraceMama
05-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Biding my time and resisting the urge to tackle our house until my grad classes are done in two weeks!

Congratulations on what you've accomplished already! :woohoo