PDA

View Full Version : Messie Moms Challenge- Remedial Edition May 6, (Day 1)

RealLifeMama
05-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks to all the mamas that ran the challenges the past few months. I know that while I try desperately to keep up, my eyes sort of glaze over at long lists and I can never seem to get to specific tasks.
I see that there is no challenge for this month, so I thought I would start one, but I am going to make it for what I can do if I were just starting to build habits. I know for me, habit building is the key to my success.

Join in if you can, post your progress if you want, post if you need encouragement, etc. I know that I was forced to clean my kitchen really well over the weekend so I could bake, and I am hoping to maintain it now, but if you are starting from scratch, you might need some babysteps.

OK- do what you can!!
For today:
1) Make your bed. Don't make it perfect. Just throw the cover over rumpled undersheets and blankets if you need to. This is the remedial edition. The purpose is just to get in the habit of making your bed. You can make it pretty tomorrow if you want. I know I get used to seeing the cover on the bed and then I start to like it and want it. 10 points.

2) do some dishes. Whatever that means to you. For me, that means unloading the dishwasher, putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and handwashing any pots and pans. 10 pts

3) Pick one item in your bathroom to clean or tidy. It is up to you. Post what you cleaned. Do a good job. Just one item. Is your counter covered with makeup dust? Spots on the mirror? Just pick something. I want to get in the habit of cleaning something in one bathroom every day. 10 pts

4) Where is the log jam in your laundry? Do you have a load going moldy in your washer? Clothes wrinkling in the dryer? Clothes impossible to find in the baskets? Tackle that area.For me, I have no problem washing or drying, it is the basket that collects that clean clothes that backs me up. If I keep unloading it, I can keep the laundry going. 5 pts

5) Challenge: Give each person a bag [like a plasticgrocery bag.] Put some fun music on [We like the Backyardigans] and challenge each person to fill their bag with as many pieces of rubbish as they can while one song is on. This is the remedial edition. If you have no trash lying around [like broken toy bits, paper that you no longer need, empty cracker boxes, etc] then spend that time clearing a hotspot. 10 pts.

Forsynthianicki
05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank you! Remedial is what I need this week. A few weeks ago things were looking OK but now it's getting a little embarassing :blush. I'm on board-count me in!

RooMama
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh, I am *so* a remedial messie. I'll try to keep up with this one.

AngelBee
05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm in!

klpmommy
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll play!! I like the plastic bag boogie. I might get my kids to enjoy that one!!! I think we will do the Clean Up Song from Enchanted. :sillygrin

So far today- I have made my bed, done some dishes & folded a load of laundry. My jam up spot is Mount Clean Laundry.

25 pts. :rockon

KatieMae
05-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I think I'd like to play - at least some of the time. The last thing I need right now is more expectations... but I love interesting daily challenges ;)

* Making the bed - well, I made the kids' beds. Jude sleeps in our off & on all day, so it's useless to do ours. - 10pts
* Dishes - I'm all over this one today :cheer I emptied the DW this morning & have kept the counters clear by putting the dirty stuff directly into the DW all day. I even have all my recycling rinsed! - 10pts
* Bathroom - I need to clean the surfaces - sink, counter & toilet seat... pending
* Laundry - Oh no, you can't possibly want me to do ironing. NO NO NO :hissyfit Okay, well maybe a few things... pending
* Hotspot, not trash - I'll carry my catch-all basket up stairs, along with the dirty clothes that have collected down here & I'll get everything in its proper spot... pending

RealLifeMama
05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
:rockon

Thanks for playing along!

I actually had an issue in my kitchen today that I needed to take care of ASAP, and it took a long time, so I did not get to do my plastic bag boogie! I am actually disappointed!
We did have company tonight, though, so lots of tidying up took place.

Now, what I did....
1]very remedial job of tossing the comforter over the bed. 10 pts
2] unloaded then loaded dishwasher, washed dinner dishes 10 pts
3] cleaned my spotty mirror in bathroom. 10 pts Because company was coming, I had no choice but to clean the powder room, but I don't count that because that was "company's coming mad dash cleaning " and I am trying to build habits, not create more chaos.
4] emptied clean laundry out of basket and put away during Dancing with the Stars. 5 pts
5] Will do tomorrow.

35 pts for me.

klpmommy
05-07-2008, 04:31 AM
I did the boogie. I even had dh help (although I assigned him dirty laundry b/c he throws away stuff that shouldn't be). The kids both got about 5 pieces of tiny, vaccumable, trash while walking by larger pieces. :lol Ahhh, it was funny.

KatieMae
05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow, by the time I got kids in their jammies, I was soooo tired. :phew So only 20pts for me yesterday.