PDA

View Full Version : laundry question

hopeforchange
05-06-2008, 06:39 AM
dd is always spilling stuff on her clothes. i have bibs and they work when i remember them, lol. but i'm having the hardest time getting the stains out of her clothes. that means i have a constant pile of clothes to re-wash, on top of my regular laundry. my mom and sister buy her all kinds of cute clothes and i hate to see them ruined by the stains. they are all food stains...what have you found that works the best at getting stains out? so far i've tried kids and pets and the charlie's soap spray.

The Tickle Momster
05-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Have you tried Bac Out?

Marsha
05-06-2008, 06:51 AM
oxy clean, and soil love. I put a ton of whcih ever one I'm using, and hot water and stop the water from running when the clothes are covered. And then I let them soak over night, then wash as usual. There is the occasional rewash. But I highly recommend rummage sale and freecycle clothing, yo udon't feel so guilty just tossing them LOL.

ThreeKids
05-06-2008, 06:52 AM
The cold pre-rinse for kid's clothes does wonders. It's all purpose and has no potential to set a stain like other part of a laundry cycle can (detergent, hot water, drying).

If it gets to needing a chemical treatment for a stain, different foods need different treatments so it turns into a case by case treatment.

My sister's washing machine has something called a kid's cycle, and from what she explained, all it is is a cold pre-rinse added to the cycle.

MarynMunchkins
05-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Oxi-Clean works wonders on food stains. :tu It's gotten puked up grape juice out of a white t-shirt for me. :jawdrop

hopeforchange
05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
oxy clean, and soil love. I put a ton of whcih ever one I'm using, and hot water and stop the water from running when the clothes are covered. And then I let them soak over night, then wash as usual. There is the occasional rewash. But I highly recommend rummage sale and freecycle clothing, yo udon't feel so guilty just tossing them LOL.

Oxi-Clean works wonders on food stains. :tu It's gotten puked up grape juice out of a white t-shirt for me. :jawdrop

sounds like i need to get oxi clean! i'll pick some up next time i'm at walmart and then i'll try the whole soak overnight for all of her stained clothes! thanks! :)

Mama Bird
05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Dollar General has a huge tub of knock-off Oxiclean (96 uses) for around $5. :yes

Marsha
05-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Dollar General has a huge tub of knock-off Oxiclean (96 uses) for around $5. :yes

FYI< I get the best results from three times the recommended usage. But yeah, I buy the knockoff.

RiverRock
05-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Yep, another Oxyclean user! Another trick I have is to skip any of those laundry sprays or gels and instead spray Fantastic on the stain. It hasn't ruined a piece of clothing in the 10 years I have been doing it. It seems to work better than the other options. I'll even spray the stain and then let it sit a day or so before I get to doing laundry without any troubles.

Minerva
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I buy OxiClean in bulk we use it so much! :giggle