PDA

View Full Version : Giving stuff away feels SO GOOD!!

HummusDip
05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
WOW, seriously.

I just emptied out a large dresser and a small sock/underwear dresser and listed them for free on craigslist. I also listed 2 large black garbage bags of clothes for free. And some drinking glasses!

Getting rid of stuff has never felt so good. It's like an addiction. What else can I give away? :think

Come on, someone get rid of something with me!!! :giggle

KatieMae
05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Getting rid of stuff & getting CASH in return is even better! Hoping your things sell quickly! (And can I also suggest using some of the proceeds to buy a beautiful "something" to decorate your newly decluttered area :) )

I'm going thru our house room-by-room (probably for the next few weeks & then it's gonna take a while in the basement) and if I don't need an item, it is SO getting sold. We're going to have one heck of a yard sale!

HummusDip
05-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh man I wish I was getting some proceeds, but I'm in a hurry to get this stuff out so I listed everything for free.

I was going to keep a bunch of it for a garage sale but I changed my mind, I can't keep it around until then.

NoodleMom
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
It is isnt it.
I have been going thru my home room by room. I had garbage bags filled up and every couple of days HubbyMan would take them to the donation place. We have had three van loads and two pick up loads full of stuff to donate. I had a few friends who homeschool come over and go thru some of my old curriculum and books. They took away quite a bit also. Oh it felt so good. Yes I could have sold what I gave away but we decided that for all of the stuff people blessed us with....clothes, food, time, money gifts that we wanted to bless others in a small way. We have not been able to tithe monetarily and so this was our tithe. I still have to go thru the shed and the garage again b/4 we move.

K

HummusDip
05-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes it's definitely nice to get money, but giving feels extra good.

I think the only things I have listed for money now is an infant carseat and then a HUGE bag of dd's old clothes, both are only 20 bucks! If they don't sell, I'll list them for free. :heart

KatieMae
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
:doh When you said Craig's List I assumed you were selling those things, sorry! :blush