PDA

View Full Version : The sandwich we had for dinner

JJsMom
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I made up a new really simple recipe for dinner tonight. It was a huge hit here! I made buns today and when I make them, we usually have them for one meal. I also had some chicken in the fridge that I needed to use, so I thought chicken sandwiches sounded good. :) So here's what I did:
2-4 chicken breast, cut into strips (I only had 2, but if I made 4, they would have all gone too)
flour (enough to coat the raw chicken)
spices-I use paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and kosher salt (I'm pretty generous with all of these)
1 red pepper,cut into chunks
2 green onions
I cut the chicken, put some flour and the spices over it and made sure it was well coated. Then I put a good bit of EVOO in the pan and then about 1 TBSP maybe of chicken broth. The chicken broth might have been the reason I had some of the stuff stick but it was worth it! :yes Then I threw in the chicken, peppers and onions and just cooked them up until the chicken was nice and brown. Just don't overcrowd the pan, I even did two batches with only 2 chicken breasts.
Then I took the chicken out and put it on buns with some mayo and ate the peppers and onions on the side. :yum Everyone ate it up!

FaroeIslandBabes
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
mmm, sounds great! Chicken sandwich's are a big hit here...I like your spice combo. I wonder how it would be w/o the flour...just rub spices on with a little O.O and throw them on the grill? maybe I'll try this weekend...thanks for sharing that! :)

JJsMom
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
mmm, sounds great! Chicken sandwich's are a big hit here...I like your spice combo. I wonder how it would be w/o the flour...just rub spices on with a little O.O and throw them on the grill? maybe I'll try this weekend...thanks for sharing that! :)

:yes I bet that would be great! That is the spice combo I use on my french fries and we love them! The paprika really gives it a nice color and it has a nice subtle flavor. :)

Minerva
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
I think that one is going on my grill this weekend too!