PDA

View Full Version : What else should we have?

MarynMunchkins
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
We're having grilled pork and corn for dinner tonight. We need a veggie, but I'm at a loss. :scratch

I have frozen peas, canned green beans, frozen broccoli, fresh zucchini (which I sincerely doubt anyone will eat :P), sweet potatoes, and salad stuff. :think Maybe I should do salad...

Bonnie
04-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I was going to say something green, but I see that that doesn't narrow it down much. :giggle

poleidopy
04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
My first thought, before even reading all of your post, was salad. Nice and light and healthy. :)

diamondintherough
04-30-2008, 01:49 PM
I vote for salad AND zucchini on the grill--YUM!

Slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-1/4" strips. Give a soak in either salad dressing or olive oil with spices (I use garlic powder, onion powder and/or seasoned salt.), then grill.

Mother of Sons
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I would totally make fried zuchinni. Otherwise some green beans with garlic.

Marielle
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
mmmm the zucchini sounds good, give it a double dipping back into the dressing while it's still hot off the grill. Or roasted too, just salt & pepper plus olive oil in a hot oven (cut into sticks).

I love sauteeing garlic and onions to toss peas in (season with a good bit of salt). I serve it with ham so it should work well with pork.

Aside from that roasted sweet potato chunks would be good too. Just toss in olive oil & s&p then roast at a high temp until the inside is tender and smushy.

MarynMunchkins
04-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't fry anything. I once had a nasty 3rd degree burn from attempting to fry chicken, so I refuse to do it anymore. :shifty

I think I'll see if kids want to help with salad. Otherwise we'll do green beans. :)