PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake--HELP ME!!!

ladybug
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
:question

ok, so my hubby's birthday :cake is sunday and he has requested cheesecake. :eek
so is the no bake cheesecake better or the baked one?
I'm making it myself. :yum
I'm trying to decide between these 2 recipes:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bookbinders-Fabulous-Cheesecake/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

and

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Two-Step-Creamy-Cheesecake/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

The no bake one seems VERY easy, but will it be as good as the baked one?
The baked one has eggs and lemon zest in it! Why lemon zest?? :shrug
weird. :scratch
:help
Thanks for any input! :ty4

RealLifeMama
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
No bake cheesecake might have the sweet creamy taste of cheesecake, but the feel is very different.
The recipe you posted that is no bake will have a very fluffy and light feel and taste.

The baked one you posted looks good. My DH would like that a lot, although I'd probably skip the apricot for him, and go with a sour cream topping. always crack, water bath or no water bath, leave in the oven or take it out.] It will be a richer, more stick to the roof of your mouth feel. :tu

The lemon will just add a bit of tart. I think it just helps balance out the flavors, but maybe it does something for the actual baking process, I do not know. Sometimes recipes call for sour cream instead of lemon juice.

ladybug
04-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree with skipping the apricot topping.
Could you share your sour cream topping with me?? thanks!
And thanks for the advice on the lemon zest!!!
I think I'll do the baked one, that is more of what he likes!!

Apple-Saucy
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
The baked one you posted looks good. My DH would like that a lot, although I'd probably skip the apricot for him, and go with a sour cream topping. always crack, water bath or no water bath, leave in the oven or take it out.] It will be a richer, more stick to the roof of your mouth feel. :tu

Mine never cracks...no water bath turn the oven down 25 degrees halfway through baking once you get to the end of the bake time turn the oven off crack the door an inch or so and leave it until the oven is cool. Hope that helps :mrgreen