PDA

View Full Version : Storing kids clothes with little storage space? How much do you keep?

ziggyplaid
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Any tips?

I have just been saving my favorite clothes from my two kids cause I figured I'd want to buy new things whenever we had another child...but already I'm running out of room! The only storage space we have is a closet under the stairs... I have crammed it full of garbage bags of clothes.

Where do you store your kids clothes? How much do you save for future siblings? Anyone store their kids clothes in the garage? (Wondered if I could do this and still keep the clothes in good condition...)

MarynMunchkins
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
The only things I save are stuff to pass from Bug to Tater Tot, and a few sentimental things. There's 4 years between my boys, and that's as long as I'm willing to hold onto stuff. Even so, I limit it to 6 outfits because I know my mil and I will end up buying more clothes. :giggle

I don't bother with the girls because there's 6 years between them. I can consignment and second-hand shop for fairly cheap, and I simply don't have the room to store them all. Plus, I sell off the outgrown stuff and usually make enough money to cloth my kids for the next 6 months. :tu

My sentimental stuff is limited to one container for all 4 kids. If I have a picture of my kid in a favorite outfit, I'm more likely to let it go. :) Handmade stuff almost always gets kept though. I also sort through it once a year, because what was so special a year ago doesn't always matter later.